GDT: HFBoards GDT | 1/18/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
I wouldn't root for the Islanders over the Penguins or anything, but them going far in the postseason (and doing better than Toronto) would be a great story.

This board/forum would implode if that were to happen.

I couldn’t even imagine how Leaf fans would explain that. But I don’t want to find out.

Reactions: wingnutks

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Hockey is a highly unpredictable sport. **** happens. <- Just did it.

Very true. But at some point the unpredictablility should be outweighed by the talent difference and the two given teams.

Or I guess perceived talent difference.

Edit: Oh, and if you believe that Leaf fans will leave it as that simple and something boardering on an actual somewhat educated answer......

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I wouldn't root for the Islanders over the Penguins or anything, but them going far in the postseason (and doing better than Toronto) would be a great story.
It’s a feel good story for sure for the fans. It was a pretty devastating summer losing Tavares for nothing. It looks like Trotz has really turned things around.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
It’s a feel good story for sure for the fans. It was a pretty devastating summer losing Tavares for nothing. It looks like Trotz has really turned things around.

It is a feel good story.

I think this says a lot about Trotz.

But fans need to overall relax. Sometimes players join a new team and it takes time, sometimes a player leaves a team and the team does well. It's been happening around the NHL for years. Hell, once even, an expansion team made the cup finals! Can you believe that?

Edit: Twice, I guess. "The Next 6" don't count.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Brassard putting together another really solid game. He’s either picking it up to showcase for another team or doesn’t want to be traded.

Either one is great for the Pens.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I would love it if Detroit pulled this win out in regulation. Don't have much hope for the Sharks game tomorrow, considering Tampa Bay is looking at it as a revenge game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad