Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Logan Sawyer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
Boogie Down Konyushkov

Add Khanin (he has a nice, nice one timer).
Annnnnnd Thats the extent of my knowledge on the guy

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
To me, he was more a victim of the start than a cause of it, but many people (not aiming at you btw) like to crap on a rookie goalie left to dry by an awful execution that lead to having the two worst AHL D in +/- for a while (Norlinder/Mailloux).
Not good management early on. They went into the season with a young team and they should have signed Kaskisuo much earlier, cost them the playoffs.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Not good management early on. They went into the season with a young team and they should have signed Kaskisuo much earlier, cost them the playoffs.

I'd do my usual ramble against Houde, but keeping Norlinder instead of trading him for a defensive D had more impact than Mann vs Kaskisuo.

The D corp was doomed to start and got worse before getting better at the halfway point.

Reactions: Tyson

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Seeing Sean Farrell's name up here upsets me. He pulled the NCAA trick and forced the Habs into burning a year of his ELC with an end-of-season contract... and he's done nothing ever since. It's his final year of his ELC is he worth a QO? No.

I guess he's a skilled player and the type you take a swing on so no harm there but I wouldn't hesitate to deal him away and open up a contract spot for a not-hopeless prospect.

Reactions: Tyson

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Seeing Sean Farrell's name up here upsets me. He pulled the NCAA trick and forced the Habs into burning a year of his ELC with an end-of-season contract... and he's done nothing ever since. It's his final year of his ELC is he worth a QO? No.

I guess he's a skilled player and the type you take a swing on so no harm there but I wouldn't hesitate to deal him away and open up a contract spot for a not-hopeless prospect.

Farrell did really well in the NCAA, so he deserved the contract he got. He just didn't do well in the AHL.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Farrell did really well in the NCAA, so he deserved the contract he got. He just didn't do well in the AHL.
As the recent survivor of an assassination attempt famously said: [there are] many such cases.

I don't think he deserved a burn-off ELC year -- plenty of better prospects did not burn off an ELC year -- but he got it because he had leverage and the Habs had no recourse.

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007

You should be happy, if you want to not qualify him, and let him walk, at least it is happening a year earlier this way!

• Haha
Reactions: Big Lurk and ReHabs

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
You should be happy, if you want to not qualify him, and let him walk, at least it is happening a year earlier this way!
I want him to succeed but he's small and not quick so unless he has a huge jump in performance this year I don't see him succeeding in the NHL unfortunately. I'd draft him again in the 4th round any time but maybe the Habs should raise their threshold for physical assets + NCAA qualification to not end up in these gray-zones with under-athletic players who demand a top50 contract spot and to burn an ELC year. If we're going to take long-shots we might as well take them with maximal long-term control.

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
I want him to succeed but he's small and not quick so unless he has a huge jump in performance this year I don't see him succeeding in the NHL unfortunately. I'd draft him again in the 4th round any time but maybe the Habs should raise their threshold for physical assets + NCAA qualification to not end up in these gray-zones with under-athletic players who demand a top50 contract spot and to burn an ELC year. If we're going to take long-shots we might as well take them with maximal long-term control.
I agree, and don't see either a path nor spot for him in the Habs lineup. He has enough skill however that he can help Laval for as long as you can hang on to him until you trade or lose him on waivers. As long as you have guys like Perreault taking a roster spot, there is room for him.

Reactions: ReHabs

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Finally Bodgan... Wayyyyyy too low. Insane that the best player on the whole list currently goes 13th.

He was actually higher in D scoring in the KHL than he ranks on the list lol. Team captain, 12th in scoring, decent size, from all accounts he's hyper smart off the ice and he's said multiple times he's aiming for the NHL. He'd also in a fantastic program, probably the best in Europe.

Last edited:

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
I think he's still got a decent shot to be an nhler.

It's pretty cool that we can have these types of players far down the ranking list because it's another indication of the prospect depth.
I agree. Heineman has some good tools between his skating and his shot, but he needs to figure out how to apply it all at the NHL level.

Ylonen was a player who was in a similar position for us over the last couple of years. Heineman is two years younger though. This will be a big year for him to see if he can get his game to translate up.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Finally Bodgan... Wayyyyyy too low. Insane that the best player on the whole list currently goes 13th.

He was actually higher in D scoring in the KHL than he ranks on the list lol. Team captain, 12th in scoring, decent size, from all accounts he's hyper smart off the ice and he's said multiple times he's aiming for the NHL. He'd also in a fantastic program, probably the best in Europe.

My inner voice screams the name "Bogdan' like Trogdor from the Strong Bad song.

• Haha
Reactions: Mrb1p and bopeep

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad