HF Board Update questions/issues thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Took you guys days? Took me less than 2 minutes. I just Googled HF boards, and it took me straight here.
I mean when I've used the same domain for years and then suddenly its borked, my first instinct is not to Google it because I felt like I knew what the domain was. It had been that way for ages. I just assumed someone had cocked something up at the DNS level and it would be back later, so I came back later. It was only after a few days where I went to HFBoards Twitter to see if there was any info there when I saw the updated domain name.

Ideally what should have happened is:

1. Some sort of notice at the top of the forum for the week(s) before the domain cutover.
2. Some sort of temporary redirect put in place for people who didn't see the notice, at least for a few weeks.
3. Email communication of the change

I get that there was an announcement TWO years ago about it, but if you missed that (as many did) that's useless.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Only people with sick and twisted minds leave tabs open
tenor.gif

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Only people with sick and twisted minds leave tabs open
There was a time where my wife used to have a desktop icon for every single app, program or website she used. Her monitor was nothing but a mess of icons.

She doesn't leave 18 tabs open, but she does open 18 unique instances of various browsers...how she can just jump so seamlessly between edge, firefox, chrome, safari etc... is beyond me. Why she does it is beyond me as well but I suppose it's because she knows it gets my goat. :laugh:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: henchman21

cccoltsicehockey

May 1, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Took you guys days? Took me less than 2 minutes. I just Googled HF boards, and it took me straight here.
This is what I was thinking. I was back on after the first two attempts to load the page didn't work.

Why use bookmarks when you can have 18 tabs open?
Just 18? Come on I have over 200 across 7 windows on various topics :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad