Friedman: Hextall looking to bring in a right handed defenseman

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
I wonder how many teams are looking for a good RHD? 20? 30?

Our beloved Buds have been looking for 2 years now.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
haha Trouba will cost you and you know that

Id consider moving one of the premier RHD prospects in the world right now, Phillipe Myers for Jacob Trouba.

I dont think they will though since they are viewing 18-19 as another season they are punting away based on their Elliott-Neuvirth goalie tandem.

My guess is they go for a depth guy like Pateryn.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Provorov isn’t a pending rfa on a team with upcoming cap issues, but I see where you’re coming from.
Price for Trouba wouldn't be set by the seller, but by the buyers. There would be fierce competition to acquire Trouba, if he was ever on the market.

Reactions: Snowman

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Again different situations. Cap crunch RFA vs a team that is not in cap issues. And I don’t care how homerish this sounds, Ivan Provorov is already the better of the two being discussed here. There’s no chance the Flyers trade Provorov is a deal.

Jets don't have cap issues.

That's your way of trying to make sense of low value for him as fair.
Trouba is not available.

Dr Amazing204

Oct 5, 2017
We have arguably the deepest prospect pool in the league, we have the assets, but if you guys think provy is the cost for trouba you guys need a reality check
if you think your gonna get Trouba for prospects picks/assets then you need a reality check its roster player for roster player

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
Watch the games and see, also look up the stats, when has trouba been a top dman, playing on a 2nd pp that gets no time and still gets the most goals for a dman? Go ahead we will wait

Last edited by a moderator:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
As a Jets fan I would listen to offers on any player, but the point is any offer better be making the Jets a better team now if Trouba is the subject. 2nd OA team in the nhl in their prime window now doesn’t trade away their top pairing shut down rhd for magic beans......so tbh I don’t know what the Flyers could offer us to make us better if Trouba is the player they want. Flyer fans might want to lower their ask from Trouba to Myers.....Myers would be much more realistic D to trade then Trouba from a Jets POV. Don’t want Myers? I highly doubt they could put together a offer we would want for Trouba, if they don’t want Myers I doubt there is a trade that makes sense for both teams then. Trouba certainly isn’t being gifted away for some magic beans and long shot prospects.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
if you think your gonna get Trouba for prospects picks/assets then you need a reality check its roster player for roster player
Thats not what i was arguing, you said we dont have the assests since we dont wanna part with any PROSPECTS, never said they wouldnt want a roster player, but if the roster player is provy you think hed get than you are insane

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Thats not what i was arguing, you said we dont have the assests since we dont wanna part with any PROSPECTS, never said they wouldnt want a roster player, but if the roster player is provy you think hed get than you are insane

Jets fans love to hear your offer and logic then. Keep in mind we’re top two team this year and will be one of the best next year.....so our time is now not in distant future. You want our top pairing young rhd in his prime, make us a better team now.

Make us an offer we can’t refuse

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Watch the games and see, also look up the stats, when has trouba been a top dman, playing on a 2nd pp that gets no time and still gets the most goals for a dman? Go ahead we will wait
The burden of proof is on you, not me. I do watch the games and I disagree with you, so there's that.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
The burden of proof is on you, not me. I do watch the games and I disagree with you, so there's that.
Hows that on me? Lol its obvious, look at the damn stats, ask other teams, they'd even agree that provorov is the better player, plus hes younger, amd is cost controlled at the moment

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad