Prospect Info: Hershey Bears/South Carolina Stingrays 2023-24 Seasons | Hershey 12x (and Defending) Champions Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I'm a leafs fan so I could care less for the Capitals but I follow all levels of hockey and the Hershey Bears are the team of the AHL. They find ways to compete and even win way more than any other team.

This one was particularly surprising given the Cleveland war and the injuries on D. Congrats.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Takes a deep team or warriors. Looked like it would be easy in Dec/Jan. Injuries and such affected lineups including losing Scarbosa. 3 top 4 Dee. Went deep and prevailed. Who thought it would have been Strome?!!

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
please share
So many awesome videos boys, I'll try to get them gathered up tomorrow or something if I can. Gotta be at work at 4am and a two hour drive ahead of us lol...Loved that Bogdan went to the locker room and got a case of beer for the boys. Haha a class move. LETS f***ING GOOOOOO!!!!

Reactions: Holtbyisms

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Congrats to the Bears and the season they had. Those D injuries were rough to overcome. And at times I though the smaller size of the scoring forwards for the Bears would wear down at some point. Someone do the math how many Calder Cups is it now with the Bears/Caps relationship?

Reactions: MFHOOD and Marshall

MFHOOD

Apr 29, 2024
1719320743558.png

Would love to see some of you here!!!!!!!!!!!

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I might actually try to go up for the celebration. Haven’t been to Hershey in 20 years but I loved it and the team before they were even affiliated with the Caps. My travel team used to play at the Hershey Jr Bears Thanksgiving Tournament every year for probably five or six years and we’d normally get to go to a Bears game as part of the experience. This was in the old barn they had there too — the dome looked enormous as a kid. All tournament playoff games were held in Hersherypark Arena and it was always the coolest experience playing there growing up. I still have a bunch of old Bears pucks and t-shirts lying around somewhere.

1719321628036.jpeg

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
What a team, and what an amazing job they did, battling through all those injuries. And I don't know that I've ever seen a post-season where a team lost more leads late in games and still come back, time after time, and pull them out.

Way to go, Bears!

I might actually try to go up for the celebration. Haven’t been to Hershey in 20 years but I loved it and the team before they were even affiliated with the Caps. My travel team used to play at the Hershey Jr Bears Thanksgiving Tournament every year for probably five or six years and we’d normally get to go to a Bears game as part of the experience. This was in the old barn they had there too — the dome looked enormous as a kid. All tournament playoff games were held in Hersherypark Arena and it was always the coolest experience playing there growing up. I still have a bunch of old Bears pucks and t-shirts lying around somewhere.

View attachment 886935
My first ever hockey game was a Bears game in the old Arena (1974 or '75). My uncle took me and he knew someone with the team and they gave me a game puck, which I still have.

itsjustsurvival

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2006
richmond, virginia.
What a run. Very encouraging to see so many players bring it.

Lapierre, Miro, and Häman Aktell all had really strong developmental seasons. Strong start, all played NHL games, and an awesome run in Hershey. I hope it continues into next training camp.

Dube is a f***ing gamer. I know small guys have such a huge hurdle to clear to be effective NHLers, but he seems to have more bite than the other small guys. It's refreshing to have several talented prospects who aren't afraid to battle.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I think Miro will see some Hershey next season. Cristal should be on his way to the AHL.
Lappy is probably done in the minors

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I think Miro will see some Hershey next season. Cristal should be on his way to the AHL.
Lappy is probably done in the minors
Cristal is not eligible to play in Hershey next year because he was born in 2005. He doesn’t meet the age requirement and has only played 3 seasons in CHL. This rule really pisses me off because he should be allowed to graduate to pro hockey. Only way he does that is to play in the NHL. Will be interesting to see how he does in camp and if he earns a look at least for a few games like Lappy. Cam Allen in same boat (2005 birth year).

I think Miro needs to be a call-up next year. Not sure he is ready for an 82 game NHL grind. I think we can safely say Lappy is graduated.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Cristal is not eligible to play in Hershey next year because he was born in 2005. He doesn’t meet the age requirement and has only played 3 seasons in CHL. This rule really pisses me off because he should be allowed to graduate to pro hockey. Only way he does that is to play in the NHL. Will be interesting to see how he does in camp and if he earns a look at least for a few games like Lappy. Cam Allen in same boat (2005 birth year).

I think Miro needs to be a call-up next year. Not sure he is ready for an 82 game NHL grind. I think we can safely say Lappy is graduated.
How did he get to be a playoff black ace call up but cant be on the roster next season? Does AHL playoffs rosters have different rules?

And Miro I think hes #1 call up and next man up. I would just rather him playing every night and not nacho duty if he doesnt make the team out of camp. And I think playing 1st line for a season and another playoff run in Hershey can help him like it did for CMM, Protas, and Lappy.

Last edited:

MFHOOD

Apr 29, 2024
Scared to ask, but what players do y'all think will be up in Washington permanently next season? Very curious to see what the Bears roster looks like next season... I hope we keep Leivermann from ECHL.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Scared to ask, but what players do y'all think will be up in Washington permanently next season? Very curious to see what the Bears roster looks like next season... I hope we keep Leivermann from ECHL.
Lapierre is the only certainty. Miro could get a spot, but I think it's more likely he yo-yos between the NHL and AHL. Sutter is a maaaaybe if Dowd gets traded. HHA and Iorio should fight for roster spots on the D, but there's still a lot of off-season that could change what the D looks like. One of Stevenson or Shepard could be the back-up, but I'm thinking (hoping?) that Washington picks up a veteran 1B.

Sgarbossa should, hopefully, be back in Hershey rather than a Washington fixture.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad