Grub's Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Training Camp Begins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Clearly Tocchet is absolutely committed to stapling DeBrusk to a line with Pettersson......but the audition continues for right-wingers. I guess either Sprong or Hoglander might figure into the mix eventually. But would love to see Lekkerimaki get at least another game or two.
Ya probably but Debrusk is a better fit with Miller's line. Boeser is too slow to be the #1 forechecker and asking Miller to do it all the time even though he is great at it, will wear him down quicker.
I think Sprong will end up with EP because EP has slowed notably and they need his speed.
I don't see Lekkermaki making the team at the start unless to fill in for injuries, not a boards guy.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
One coach says play and the other in charge of goalies says no.
Power struggle.
What if Clarke goes to Seattle and creates another great goalie? They are already more of a shut down team.
What if he goes to Calgary and takes their goalies up a notch or two? Enough to make them a possible rival?

It seems very strange that the Canucks are letting him go anywhere while under contract. Is it that he may have a story he could tell?
There's definitely something odd going on. I've grown accustomed to the net being a strength for the Canucks. Hope that doesn't go south if/when Clark leaves.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Is it really going to be a surprise if the Canucks finish 4th or 5th in the division? Division rivals have more cap space, NHL depth, prospects and draft picks to go after top end player trades.

Yes, it would be. Vegas has pretty weak forward depth and LA is a mess. That alone should make us a lock to finish top three in our division. Falling to 5th means the likes of Calgary or Seattle who have done practically nothing not only catch us but pull ahead

That would be an epic collapse that would legitimately break at least some confidence in management. A lot would need to go wrong for us to fall into 5th.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
Yes, it would be. Vegas has pretty weak forward depth and LA is a mess. That alone should make us a lock to finish top three in our division. Falling to 5th means the likes of Calgary or Seattle who have done practically nothing not only catch us but pull ahead

That would be an epic collapse that would legitimately break at least some confidence in management. A lot would need to go wrong for us to fall into 5th.
Anything less than 100 points is a massive disappointment. Even if Demko is hurt long term they have adequate goaltending and some truly elite skaters. Fans having tantrums because Forbort had a rough pre season outing or EP had a sour look on his face and struggled with being nicked up last year dragging various line mates around. It's the pre season. I guess it gives some folks something to bitch about? The roster is solid. Forbort was brought on to PK and add another big body/depth to the blue line. He isn't counted on to be a real difference maker back there. He's a one year bandaid. The top 4 D is solid. They have a great 1/2 punch in the middle. They have some good depth on the wings. The rubber pants brigade will hopefully chill out a bit.....There's some really good indica out there right now.

I will get worried if things aren't going well by the conclusion of the WS.

Saying this season could easily be as bad as 2016 is asinine.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad