Prospect Info: Hershey Bears/South Carolina Stingrays 2023-24 Seasons | Hershey 12x (and Defending) Champions Edition

hb13xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Mac threw HHA a suicide pass that started the transition on that last goal. HHA had to reach for it and was already under pressure. CV thrives on transition play

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Man, how many times in hockey you see a team come back from a 0-2 hole in game only to fall behind 3-2...

Mac threw HHA a suicide pass that started the transition on that last goal. HHA had to reach for it and was already under pressure. CV thrives on transition play
Bears have been mostly good not giving goals off of transition plays. This aint looking good being outshot 22-11. Fatigue maybe? How was Shep on that 3rd goal?

hb13xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Fisch said Trineyev was on the ice and the lineup had Rybinski instead. That was what was wrong with the starting lineup

Man, how many times in hockey you see a team come back from a 0-2 hole in game only to fall behind 3-2...

Bears have been mostly good not giving goals off of transition plays. This aint looking good being outshot 22-11. Fatigue maybe? How was Shep on that 3rd goal?
Shot from the point. Tried to send it to the corner and went directly to a CV forward crashing the net.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I know this might sound bitter for the way we have lost games lately, but the League scheduling has been all messed up! Bears and other teams were having like 4 and 3 days between games in earlier series. For the Calder Cup Final, all 7 games are every other day. Bears got hardly any rest after their Game 7 against the Monsters. A few more extra days off would have done the Bears some real good. This 2-3-2 format is too much of an advantage to the lower seeded team because all they have to do is get a split in the first 2 games and then they play the next 3 at home.

Reactions: Calicaps

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
This has all the makings of 2007 to me. Split games 1 and 2 at home, drop all three on the road. Even down to being the top seed in the league. They had two major problems in that series, though: they couldn't get past Hamilton's defense, and they couldn't beat Carey Price once they did.

I bit my tongue but I figured it was over when they couldn't take game 1. I know it's not literally over, but given Hershey's track record out there last year and everyone else's track record there this year, I don't have a good feeling. There's a number of tough environments in the AHL, but for whatever reason that arena in Palm Desert is like a slaughterhouse for so many teams, especially come playoff time.

I was genuinely mad in the last series but I'm just disappointed at best here. I don't like excuses, even though the Bears have plenty (injuries, scheduling- though they could've beaten that by just finishing out Cleveland in less than 7 games), but given all those factors, I dont think a lot of us here gave Hershey much of a chance in this series.

hb13xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Playing Stevenson doesn’t change the outcome of the game tonight and won’t change the outcome of any of the games down the stretch. The biggest difference right now is Hershey’s missing their best skating defenseman who can get the puck out of the zone. Losing LuJo and Ness has killed them in that regard. The defense can’t sustain CV’s relentless forecheck and pressure. They can’t successfully get the puck of the zone and transition from defense to offense. They aren’t playing quick enough right now.

They get pinned into their own zone and get out worked, which leads to a breakdown. Shepard makes 4-5 saves during that stretch and CV eventually scores on a rebound or on a broken play due to fatigue. Hershey’s best chances at 5 on 5 came on counter attacks when they were able to get the puck out of the zone to the forwards quickly. CV has 4 men in deep in the offensive zone A LOT and it leads to chances the other way. The Bears need to continue to make quicker and better passes.

The 4th line also needs to play a lot better. They seem to have lost whatever they had in the first two rounds. Sutter is one of the best defensive forwards in the league and he needs to show that against their best players.

There’s adjustments to be made and some help could be on the way in the form of Ness or even Roe. He hasn’t played very well, but his is also a series where Phillips might actually be beneficial to them with his speed and offensive creativity.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Not over yet by any means but that was a beating. Still think we should go to Stevenson. Maybe that doesn't ultimately change the outcome of this series but until he hit a wall he was out playing Shepherd by a mile. The obviously theory is he reached the most games he's ever played in a season and was just burnt out. If that's indeed the case and he didn't lose his edge then he should be plenty rested having not started a game in months. I wanted to go to him last series, there's still time but I don't this Nelson has the balls. Need Ness back ASAP because Osipov is terribad. It should have been Leivermann all along. You don't replace the clean effective breakouts you lose with Ness, Lujo and Iorio with Osipov. You need a puck mover.

Reactions: swansonsays

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Feels like they’re running on fumes and it’ll be an uphill battle but never say never. They need to get healthier on the backend in the worst way.
Unfortunately LuJo is done for the year and I believe Iorio is too. Ness returning would be huge but one puck mover will only do so much. He was listed as day-to-day during game 6 vs Cleveland over a week ago, but he was wearing a boot after game 7.

In recent years, Caps and Bears management have done a good job of addressing Hershey's needs in the offseason. Hopefully they target some more mobility and puck movement for defensive depth.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Unfortunately LuJo is done for the year and I believe Iorio is too. Ness returning would be huge but one puck mover will only do so much. He was listed as day-to-day during game 6 vs Cleveland over a week ago, but he was wearing a boot after game 7.

In recent years, Caps and Bears management have done a good job of addressing Hershey's needs in the offseason. Hopefully they target some more mobility and puck movement for defensive depth.
Poor LuJo. Feels like his career has been a continuous saga of one step forward, two steps back. Every time he looks like he’s playing up to his draft billing he seems to get hurt, and often times it seems like they’re of the fluke injury variety. Sucks for him and sucks for both the Caps and Bears.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Poor LuJo. Feels like his career has been a continuous saga of one step forward, two steps back. Every time he looks like he’s playing up to his draft billing he seems to get hurt, and often times it seems like they’re of the fluke injury variety. Sucks for him and sucks for both the Caps and Bears.
He's been a Bear for almost a decade but it doesnt even really feel like it because he's spent so much of that time hurt.

swansonsays

Oct 13, 2021
Couldn't stay up & watch. Work required me to drive 125 miles one way for a 90 minute meeting that started at 8:30 this morning. They won't pay for lodging anything below 200 miles one way. Doesn't sound like I missed much. Not sure how I feel about our chances. Certainly not optimistic (but when am I ever?). I hope Hershey either pulls off the comeback or they lose in 5. Reason being, we had to adjust our vacation to make games 6 & 7. I'm not going to be happy if we switched our plans all around only to watch CV celebrate on Giant Center ice.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad