Prospect Info: Hershey Bears/South Carolina Stingrays 2023-24 Seasons | Hershey 12x (and Defending) Champions Edition

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
At what point should we seriously consider going to Mud. He fizzled out a little late in the regular season but I think he was just tired. Before that he was out playing Shepard. He's plenty rested now. Shep just ain't got it this year. This ain't going to work, try something else before it's too late.

Reactions: swansonsays

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
My positives from tonight:
-Rybinski looked great again. I think he deserves a shot higher up in the lineup next year- I think he's got the talent and drive to be a 20-20-40 guy in the AHL. The whole 4th line was good all night.
-Lapi had a strong, tenacious game.
-The PK came through during the penalty box parade late in the game. Other than the post shot, they didn't really surrender any big chances.
-Probably most importantly, they didn't roll over and die, even though they couldn't quite complete the comeback.

I expected them to come out flat as a board. I felt they were in complete control of the game out of the gate until the shorthanded goal (granted, that was pretty early). If not for the penalty box parade, I genuinely believed they had a really good chance of sending the game to OT.

I really hope they didn't expend all their energy tonight... but if they can put up another similar performance, and if Shep can right himself (I doubt Nelson throws Stevenson in now), they're gonna be in this series. Big IFs, I know. Now for my negative cap... if they lose Sunday, they're done. I don't see them taking 2 of 3 in California if that's the case.

For a banged up team that's been playing every other day for a week and just went to overtime twice this week... I thought they played a good game. Maybe Coachella finds their sea legs and Hershey completely empties their tank too soon. But until that happens, I'm giving them a chance.

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Bear would've had to have been on Hershey's roster at the deadline to be eligible to play for them at this point. I think the most they could do is send him down for a brief reconditioning stint. They did that with Snively in 2022 when he finished the year on the Caps. But I really doubt they're even considering that.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I will say, since I've been a fan, Hershey has done better in the Finals as the lower seed.

2006- lower seed- beat Milwaukee in 6 games.
2007- higher seed (top team in the league)- lost to Hamilton (and Carey Price) in 5 games.
2009- lower seed- beat Manitoba in 6 games.
2010- higher seed (top team in the league)- beat Texas in 6 games.
2016- higher seed- swept by Lake Erie.
2023- lower seed- beat Coachella Valley in 7.

Also sort of interesting: in the Finals they've made in the last two decades. 2009 was the only year Hershey won game 1 of the Finals, now including this year.

Hopefully they can avoid going down 0-2 for the fourth Finals in a row... I think the series would go more 2016 at that point than 2010/2023.

Reactions: MFHOOD

MFHOOD

Apr 29, 2024
I would give anything to witness back to back Calder cup wins.... We need a strong response tonight just like the Oilers did to Florida last night.

swansonsays

Oct 13, 2021
Plus (for us) with CV staying on CT & now ET since probably June 2 is that the short turn around & travel should impact both teams equally. CV is probably looking past tonight since they've been in hotels for two weeks now. They've got to want to get back home. Take advantage of that tonight. Start quick, keep pressing, go for the kill early.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad