Prospect Info: Hershey Bears/South Carolina Stingrays 2023-24 Seasons | Hershey 12x (and Defending) Champions Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Man that was fun! Such a great response after giving up 2 goals and CLE in control. Hope we have some bodies for Thursday!

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
What a wagon.

4 of the top-6 AHL Playoff scorers now in Hershey, and the 5th (Bourque) already out of the Playoffs. Leader (L'Heureux) is on the Admirals who propably won't play for many more games. You'd think the Capitals are loving Lapierre, Frank and Miro all having a chance to finish as AHL Playoffs top scorers.

Kazer

Jun 20, 2009
Maryland, US
What a wagon.

4 of the top-6 AHL Playoff scorers now in Hershey, and the 5th (Bourque) already out of the Playoffs. Leader (L'Heureux) is on the Admirals who propably won't play for many more games. You'd think the Capitals are loving Lapierre, Frank and Miro all having a chance to finish as AHL Playoffs top scorers.
Was taking a look at that - very exciting for the future.

Last year was a much more defensive run. While McM, Protas and Lappy all contributed, it was to a lesser degree. Snively led the team with 15 points in 20 games while Protas had 13 points, McMichael had 10, and Lapierre had 6 (all also in 20 games). Protas was the #4 point producer (tied) while McMichael was #6 and Lapierre was #10. AHL vets filled in the other spots (1,2,3,5,7,8 with Malenstyn at 9).

This year, Lappy is their leading scorer with 4+9 in just 10 games. Frank has 8 goals and 11 points in 9 games, and Miro has 10 points (6 goals) in 10 games. They are the #1, #2, and #4 scorers (Priskie #3) ahead of great AHL vets like Snively, Roe, and Vecchione. Rybinski is also having a strong playoff with 6 points in 10 games.

Effectively, Lappy has doubled his production from last run in half the games and Miro has matched McMichael's production from last year in half the games. Very impressive.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Miro has to be a Cap out of camp again right?

He is waivers exempt and after Caps season I thought he could cook in Hershey in 24-25. But seeing him jam in playoffs has been awesome. he is very skilled. And strong like bull.

Reactions: Calicaps

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

He is waivers exempt and after Caps season I thought he could cook in Hershey in 24-25. But seeing him jam in playoffs has been awesome. he is very skilled. And strong like bull.
I mean, I think this is what BMac is talking about when he says making room. Obviously they're gonna look for impact players outside the org too, but it's still not totally clear what they already have. And I think they want to see just what these kids really are.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Jimi's gonna turn out to have been a STEAL. Love watching his emergence. Miro too.
This was the one for me but both of them stand out for the draft strategy. Jimi slid because of injury and then lost his prove it year to COVID so they took a flier. Miro obviously lost traction due to cancer treatment... but both were on the radar of the top tier.

Miro was the guy that I honed in on as "if he's healthy and turns around, it's a gem" and so far we've seen it a bit at the NHL level already. These guys are potentially the swings that get people eating crow.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Through my efforts the last three months or so, I've gotten one of my friends so interested (he's always liked hockey but never followed it too closely- he was the only one of my friends who took me up on my offer to go to game 2 with me) that he's started learning the players' names and streaming the games and a few others who also want to experience a Calder Cup Finals game in person. I've never been more invested in this team's success :laugh:

MFHOOD

Apr 29, 2024
Through my efforts the last three months or so, I've gotten one of my friends so interested (he's always liked hockey but never followed it too closely- he was the only one of my friends who took me up on my offer to go to game 2 with me) that he's started learning the players' names and streaming the games and a few others who also want to experience a Calder Cup Finals game in person. I've never been more invested in this team's success :laugh:

We should honestly try to get something going one of these times for folks who live relatively close to Hershey, I'm betting it could be a pretty fun time!

• Wow
Reactions: Strawberry Fields

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013

My only concern is that his ice time seems kind of limited. I can't find the stats for TOI for the AHL, but it seems like he's used sparingly. I don't know if that's because they're sheltering him or a conditioning issue or what. He's had a great playoffs despite that, but it gives me some concern about his role at the next level.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
My only concern is that his ice time seems kind of limited. I can't find the stats for TOI for the AHL, but it seems like he's used sparingly. I don't know if that's because they're sheltering him or a conditioning issue or what. He's had a great playoffs despite that, but it gives me some concern about his role at the next level.
He plays third line and second powerplay. But all four lines get rolled consistently.

Reactions: Rayquaza64

MFHOOD

Apr 29, 2024

1717713508488.png

MFHOOD

Apr 29, 2024
I hate when hockey teams play like goons, I couldn't have handled this sport 20 years ago lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad