Here comes the Reign again, the 2024-25 Ontario Reign thread

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
The way way way too early prediction of Reign lines and roster (we don't know yet who will make the team for sure). Lots of invites and new guys on AHL deals that can be sent to the ECHL. How they look in practice for the bubble guys probably carries a lot of weight.
Fagemo-Gawdin-Hudon
Malott-Studnicka-Chromiak
Ward-Pinelli-Madden
Jamsen-Helenius-Doty

Extras
Element, Lawrence, Parker-Jones, Singleton, Wise (maybe some ECHL guys here, most have decent AHL experience, Lawrence is a Kings prospect)

Others (I just don't have a clue who goes to the ECHL and who is sent on their way after try-out).
Young, Brodzinski, Olson, Moynihan, Caderoth, Poisson)

Ziemmer (I think they send him back to Canadian juniors. He is 19, but old enough with a December birthday to play in the AHL this season) I think the Kings will punt for his development and work on his skating. ** Confirmed, he was reassigned to Prince George in the WHL.

Probably missing someone, who knows.

Defense
Moverare-Walsh
Hicketts-Rowe
Booth-Millar
Extras

Krygier, Supryka, Berge, Krebs (some ECHL assignments or cuts for sure)

Wildcard
Dvorak (tough one, I don't know who staff feels about his development, would like to see him make the team if he will play)

Goalies
Portillo
Copley

Extra
Ingham (ECHL bound)
McKay (possibly joining Ingham if Copley ready to go).
Hay (just assigned to the Swamp Rabbits)

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
The way way way too early prediction of Reign lines and roster (we don't know yet who will make the team for sure). Lots of invites and new guys on AHL deals that can be sent to the ECHL. How they look in practice for the bubble guys probably carries a lot of weight.
Fagemo-Gawdin-Hudon
Malott-Studnicka-Chromiak
Ward-Pinelli-Madden
Jamsen-Helenius-Doty

Extras
Element, Lawrence, Parker-Jones, Singleton, Wise (maybe some ECHL guys here, most have decent AHL experience, Lawrence is a Kings prospect)

Others (I just don't have a clue who goes to the ECHL and who is sent on their way after try-out).
Young, Brodzinski, Olson, Moynihan, Caderoth, Poisson)

Ziemmer (I think they send him back to Canadian juniors. He is 19, but old enough with a December birthday to play in the AHL this season) I think the Kings will punt for his development and work on his skating. ** Confirmed, he was reassigned to Prince George in the WHL.

Probably missing someone, who knows.

Defense
Moverare-Walsh
Hicketts-Rowe
Booth-Millar
Extras

Krygier, Supryka, Berge, Krebs (some ECHL assignments or cuts for sure)

Wildcard
Dvorak (tough one, I don't know who staff feels about his development, would like to see him make the team if he will play)

Goalies
Portillo
Copley

Extra
Ingham (ECHL bound)
McKay (possibly joining Ingham if Copley ready to go).
Hay (just assigned to the Swamp Rabbits)

Nice report! Thanks so much.
Re Ziemmer. If he's not going to play minutes with Reign, best served to go back to Prince George. No harm. He missed so much of last year.
Re: Dvorak. More worried about him. Has 3 'better' LHD ahead of him. But, he does not want to go to Europe and he didn't like his WHL experience...can't say he's a head case or issue...yet...but he's has upside and a likely NHL future. Maybe it's best to have his WHL team deal him and send him there? Yeah, that now sounds like an issue type player, though. It's a tough place for both the Kings and him. Don't think ECHL Swamp Rabbits is the answer, either. Maybe stay with Reign and get him in 30% of the games and train with them and have Greene and O'Donnell continually work with him. I really liked Booth's game in the scrimmages and when I saw him at TSC one day, when I was there. He looks like he feels the game and has good instincs. Can really skate. I think he makes the NHL in 2 years. Will be interesting to see how LHD plays out: if Kirasnov signs and the Dvorak situation. RHD: Mania, was not impressed with...but have seen clips of him skating with the puck really well. Just didn;t see it at camp or games. RHD Otto Salin is killing it in Liiga with TPS first 9 games. 4 goals, 5 assists 9 pts in 9 games is crazy pills numbers in Liiga at age 20 on defense. Let's see how he progresses and hope both he and Kirsanov sign.

re: Kaleb Lawrence : hope he gets games with the Reign.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad