Prospect Info: Henry Mews (3rd Round, #74 Overall)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Mews is a smooth, skillful defenceman with crafty activation, poise under heavy fire, and rush defence skills. Cranking up the pace in every facet is required. Every time his teammates turn to look for a passing outlet, he’s right there in a pocket of space. He walks the line and skates all over the opposing zone in search of passing plays and shooting lanes. -EliteProspects 2024 NHL Draft Guide

Wasn't a thread, decided to make one.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Moves the puck very well, smooth skating but he does tend to get beat and look slow in the process. I started to drop him down my list towards the end of the year and U18’s where I thought he got outplayed by almost every D on that Canadian roster.

Pretty good spot to take a flier on the player, but kind of a weird pick to me given Parekh, Poirier, Morin.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I've seen comments about Mews not looking happy, but in the interviews he just looks like someone that doesn't smile much in general, and smiles did creep through. Especially when talking about Battaglia and Parekh as he's friends with both of them.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I liked Mews early in the U18, but he was a faller for sure.
Lots of potential, lets hope we have another horse on the backend

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Moves the puck very well, smooth skating but he does tend to get beat and look slow in the process. I started to drop him down my list towards the end of the year and U18’s where I thought he got outplayed by almost every D on that Canadian roster.

Pretty good spot to take a flier on the player, but kind of a weird pick to me given Parekh, Poirier, Morin.

Ah guess like that, I think the theory is coming true. We will batch develop prospects to increase chances of nhl graduation and then retain currency if a log jam develops.

The goal is as many nhl games from all draftees as possible. Even if the player doesn't play for us, maybe we're aiming for ensuring they don't feel like they lost development opportunities in our org?

I'm liking this pick. It'll be fun to monitor his progression going forward.

When are we going to draft Henry Mewtwo?
I hope that doesn't happen via re-entering the draft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad