Value of: Henrique @50% to NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Imagine he did, and did the same thing to you as he did to the rangers, that would make for a good story

I like this idea. This guy should book the NHL.
giphy.gif

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I would be willing to do a conditional 1st, if and only if the condition is that the Rangers win the Cup. Idk that he’s the guy that’d push them across the finish line though.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
How about reuniting the Perreault brothers while we are at it?

Rico (50%) + Jacob Perreault + Helleson

for

Othmann + Rempe

Ducks need sandpaper that can play now or next year... not more futures.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Rangers are 15th in point percentage since Dec 1. Since Nov 24, 10th. Obviously heading in the wrong direction. They had a fantastic start but there's no doubt moves will be made. I just don't feel comfortable with this one costing a first. And we're certainly not parting with Othmann/Perreault

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
If the cost of Henrique includes a conditional 1st round pick, I'm shopping elsewhere for a better C/RW (Lindholm, for example).
Rangers wont need much, if any, retention with Chytil and Kakko on LTIR.

Reactions: One Winged Angel

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
If the cost of Henrique includes a conditional 1st round pick, I'm shopping elsewhere for a better C/RW (Lindholm, for example).
Rangers wont need much, if any, retention with Chytil and Kakko on LTIR.
Kakko is expected back before the end of the season, so that space won't be usable. Who knows with Chytil, but that only provides us with about 3.8 mil, and we need a dman as well.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Kakko is expected back before the end of the season, so that space won't be usable. Who knows with Chytil, but that only provides us with about 3.8 mil, and we need a dman as well.
Id argue we need a top6 rw and mid6 C before picking up a depth dman.

Keyword on kakko is expected. I presume that drury has some cap-gymnastic tricks up his sleeve for this deadline. Theres no way to get the league to agree to a rule change like the rangers being the benefactor of one.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Some Montreal fans seem to be banking on that same thought with Sean Monahan. I just don't see it.

Monahan and Henrique are pretty comparable and in competition as C/W rentals, but the thoughts are probably a little different. Monahan's probably leans more on his cap hit and lack of trade protection, and a better skater, while Henrique likely leans more on him being more versatile and playing a heavier (read: playoff style) game.

But in both cases opinions are based on history and position. Just looking at rental centers (or guys who can play center) over the last decade (Vermette, Winnick, Staal, Boyle, Hanzal, Brassard, Plekanec, Stastny, Dzingel, Johansson, Jarnkrok, Foglino, Copp, Eller, Barbashev, ROR etc.) and the idea that the starting ask for Monahan and/or Henrique being a late 1st doesn't seem all that strange to me.

The more important questions are who will actually be available and what demand will be. Fans make assumptions based on who they think/want to be available and who they think/want to be interested, but we never really know what the actual case is. Based on insider lists, the center options that are currently projected be available now are the clear top prize in Lindholm and then Henrique/Monahan. If that doesn't change then it depends on how many teams are looking for center depth, but a late 1st or comparable return/package is the going price.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
This gif never gets old.

How about reuniting the Perreault brothers while we are at it?

Rico (50%) + Jacob Perreault + Helleson

for

Othmann + Rempe

Ducks need sandpaper that can play now or next year... not more futures.
No.

I also don't think Henrique gets a 1st. When I look at the types of players that have returned a conditional first over the last few years, Henrique isn't that level of player.

Zuccarello, Kane, Tarasenko... he isn't there.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Don’t be surprised if Henrique stays in Anaheim. Guys really do like playing there, and there’s a lot of good selling points for Verbeek to use. That said, you’d think he’d like to test the market this spring.

He’s going to be a lot like Monahan though. There won’t really be a bidding war. His price will be set, and Verbeek will ask him where he’d like to go. If anyone is expecting anything higher than a late 2nd, they’re probably going to be disappointed.

Teams have pretty much, settled into the mindset, if they’re moving a 1st, it’ll be for a player they can resign, or someone who’s going to be a core piece for their run. The teams who don’t have that philosophy, don’t have 1st round picks to be throwing around anymore.

Maybe they get a team, who has a couple of youngsters, who are going to have to start clearing waivers, who may not be in their plans??? Maybe they can get a player like that for Henrique, but it’ll likely be a 2nd, or even a 3rd.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Don’t be surprised if Henrique stays in Anaheim. Guys really do like playing there, and there’s a lot of good selling points for Verbeek to use. That said, you’d think he’d like to test the market this spring.

He’s going to be a lot like Monahan though. There won’t really be a bidding war. His price will be set, and Verbeek will ask him where he’d like to go. If anyone is expecting anything higher than a late 2nd, they’re probably going to be disappointed.

Teams have pretty much, settled into the mindset, if they’re moving a 1st, it’ll be for a player they can resign, or someone who’s going to be a core piece for their run. The teams who don’t have that philosophy, don’t have 1st round picks to be throwing around anymore.

Maybe they get a team, who has a couple of youngsters, who are going to have to start clearing waivers, who may not be in their plans??? Maybe they can get a player like that for Henrique, but it’ll likely be a 2nd, or even a 3rd.

He's put in a lot of years, always seemingly been a solid pro on and off the ice. I'd be happy to see him stick around a couple more years but he deserves a shot at a Cup (or at least the playoffs) while still healthy and contributing. The Ducks just aren't a contender in the near future, get him moved for the best offer before the deadline and there's always a possibility of signing him back this summer. I think the majority of Ducks fans would have a similar stance.

Reactions: Petes2424

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
He's put in a lot of years, always seemingly been a solid pro on and off the ice. I'd be happy to see him stick around a couple more years but he deserves a shot at a Cup (or at least the playoffs) while still healthy and contributing. The Ducks just aren't a contender in the near future, get him moved for the best offer before the deadline and there's always a possibility of signing him back this summer. I think the majority of Ducks fans would have a similar stance.
Yep, zero argument from me. It's not like Anaheim is his only team for his career, if he wants to chase The Cup, you try to send him where he'd like to go. If he's willing to be traded to generate a return & then come back over the summer, you give him a handshake & a wink that his new contract will be somewhat better than he expected/a decent front office job in a couple more years.

He's able to contribute wherever the receiving team's holes are. He's worth a late first with retention.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
And he would be the type to re-sign in the summer. I fully expect Verbeek will leave it up to Henrique, and if he does move him, it’ll be somewhere Henrique says he’d like to go.

If he says Colorado, LA or Vegas, that’s where Verbeek will send him. He won’t be calling him every third day, asking him if he’d go somewhere else because he’s offered a little more. He’ll get the best deal from one of Henrique’s preferred destinations. That respect goes a long way, when July 1 comes around and vets look for a good situation.

Reactions: Rec T

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
That makes no sense at all.

Have you ever heard the expression "a dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow"?

Same idea. Something's value is diminished by delayed utility.

In the NFL, theres a rule of thumb that something drops in value by one round one year in the future. For example, it typically costs a 1st in 2025 if you're going to use a 2025 pick to trade into the second round of 2024. A second in 2024 is an equivalent to a 2025 1st because its worth more if able to be utilized today.

Feel free to google time-value of money.

Last edited:
Reactions: bernmeister

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Ducks will ask for a 1st or 2nd+ prospect.

If I'm Vegas I think I would give the Ducks our first for Henrique at 50%, and give someone else Pachal or a later pick or something to retain another remaining percentage to help him fit near the deadline.

I suppose Vegas could think about trading Martinez to someone with some retention to open up space as well, if they wanted to go that route, with Martinez starting to show some age and Hutton pretty much matching his play for much cheaper this year.

Anyway, I think Henrique would be one of the top options out there to help Vegas middle six and help slot our forwards where they can play best, especially with how flexible Vegas could be with so many wing and center options.

We have not done anything to replace having to trade Smith for cap reasons in the summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad