Value of: Hellebuyck to Detroit

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I don't care what he wants. Yzerman will force him to a bargain deal, like he did with DeBrincat. That's how Michigan natives could act.

The guys aren't stupid like many in here. They clearly see the team on a rise, and some like to join.
Debrincat was an RFA didnt have much choice

also im looking at Detroits roster rn and i dont see one bargain deal lol

nearly 8mil for a small winger whos not been the same since Kane left isnt a bargain either! and them imagine what hed have gotten as a UFA!!

Reactions: Flair Hay

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Debrincat was an RFA didnt have much choice

also im looking at Detroits roster rn and i dont see one bargain deal lol

nearly 8mil for a small winger whos not been the same since Kane left isnt a bargain either! and them imagine what hed have gotten as a UFA!!
1st Line: Excuses Debrincat being signed to a bargain deal because he's an RFA.

2nd Line: "I'm looking at Detroits roster rn and i dont see one bargain deal lol".

3rd Line: Walks back initial claim on Debrincat entirely and now claims he's not worth the deal that he apparently was strong-armed into due to his RFA status.

Make sense to me!

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
A top contender [Who can manage the cap ]where a goalie like Helle could make the difference is where the Jets get their best value.
The Wings are not there yet so they should not be interested in him.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
1st Line: Excuses Debrincat being signed to a bargain deal because he's an RFA.

2nd Line: "I'm looking at Detroits roster rn and i dont see one bargain deal lol".

3rd Line: Walks back initial claim on Debrincat entirely and now claims he's not worth the deal that he apparently was strong-armed into due to his RFA status.

Make sense to me!
nowhere in my post does it says Debrincat's contract is a bargain!

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
nowhere in my post does it says Debrincat's contract is a bargain!

lot of typing based on an imaginary premise

If it wasn't a bargain, you wouldn't have needed to justify it with, "He was an RFA and didn't have much choice."

You've talked yourself into a corner, bud.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
If it wasn't a bargain, you wouldn't have needed to justify it with, "He was an RFA and didn't have much choice."

You've talked yourself into a corner, bud.
incorrect!

no where in my post did it say Debrincat's contract was a bargain

feel free to quote it if you ever find it!

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
no thanks!

ill wait for you to quote where I said Debrincat was a bargain deal

until then, have a good one!
Cool bud. I'm waiting for you to explain why you needed to point out that "Debrincat was an RFA and didn't have much choice."

That statement indicates that Debrincat signed a contract that favored the team, not Debrincat.

I don't expect an answer, by the way. Just more deflection.

Last edited:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Here, I'll help:
Not worth it at this point. He knows he stepped in it which is why he abandoned the thread. Nobody says they "Didn't have a choice" if the outcome favors them.

That'd be like me saying "Yeah I spent the night with Scarlett Johansson, but I didn't have a choice!"

when was the last time a deal with detroit made sense?

When's the last time Yzerman traded multiple picks and prospects for a 30+ year old?

Without looking, I'm gonna guess it was when his work phone had a Florida area code...

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
A top contender [Who can manage the cap ]where a goalie like Helle could make the difference is where the Jets get their best value.
The Wings are not there yet so they should not be interested in him.
But who’s that team really?? We had the media trying to force him on NJ a couple of times over the summer, but they obviously haven’t come with an acceptable offer, or even at all…

One team that keeps popping up for me, is St Louis. It’s the type of thing Armstrong would do. If the Jets took Binnington back, or the Blues figured out a way to part with him, I’d wager they can get a nice return from the Blues.

It does look like Chevy is going to have to be creative in order to get a nice return. i just don’t see any team really interested, knowing the term he’s looking for. It’s killing his chances of being moved.

If he let it be known, he’d sign a 5 year deal, he’d have been traded already. If that happens between now and the deadline, they’ll get a nice return.

As we speak though, the only way he’s moved, is as a rental, or to a team who takes the chance they can convince him to sign a 4-5 year deal. Either way, the return is gonna suck compared to what people thought he’d bring.

If I had to guess, I’d bet he ends up a rental to a team like LA or Toronto, and ends up signing a 5 year deal with Detroit, St Louis or NJ next summer. The return in this scenario, won’t be close to what people thought. Maybe a 1st Rounder..

Reactions: Henkka

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
incorrect!

saying he didnt have much of a choice was pointing out he was an RFA and couldnt sign elsewhere

this is a crucial lesson as to why you dont infer meaning to someones words - but instead take them as is!

... Do you understand why there was months of trade talk surrounding Debrincat?

You apparently don't.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
I love Hellbuyck. I'm not remotely trading OP's asking price for him. It's gonna be a sweetheart deal to get him to Detroit or we simply won't acquire him.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
this seems to be really complicated. jets will sign helle or let him walk next summer. thats it. i mean how manty times does the gm have to hint thats what will happen.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
this seems to be really complicated. jets will sign helle or let him walk next summer. thats it. i mean how manty times does the gm have to hint thats what will happen.
This seems like a really stupid thing to do if he is dead set on not signing...

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
This seems like a really stupid thing to do if he is dead set on not signing..
They are trading the services of a vesina goalie for 1 year for 6 million in cap space if they need all of it to sign another goalie next year if they don't sign him. Sounds fair.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
They are trading the services of a vesina goalie for 1 year for 6 million in cap space if they need all of it to sign another goalie next year if they don't sign him. Sounds fair.
Lose him for nothing vs. lose him for something.

... Might have to sleep on that one. Tough choice!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad