Value of: Hellebuyck to Detroit

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Based on all we've heard recently I think Chevy's ask would include one of Edvinsson, Kasper, or Danielson

Yzerman isnt trading any of those guys. Think the value of what he would realistically up is the same as for Debrincat. Fabbri, future 1st and a lower pick. He seems likely to give up future picks, rather than guys his staff have selected.

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Detroit isn’t one Hellebuyck away from contention and he’s too old for their core going. You’d be wasting assets to acquire a star goaltender when the team in front isn’t ready. By the time they are, Hellebuyck may only have a few good seasons left in him.

Peter Tosh

Dec 19, 2007
- Not many teams has a) the cap spce, b) the need for a 6M goalie and c) the draft/prospect/player capital to aquire him, with high probability that he signs in Detroit for free July 1st 2024
- Best case scenario is something in return like Ottawa got for DeBrincat. Late 1st, middle 6er and b prospect

Reactions: BayStBullies

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
like i said months ago he is a rental for the year for the jets or re-signing

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Think the OP is asking too much. First, Husso, prospect and maybe a mid round pick. But it doesn’t sound like the jets are in any hurry to move Hellebuyck. Also not sure the wings want to give up the assets and also pay him long term. Interesting fit though.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
What would it take to send him there?

I'm thinking 1st, 2nd, 2 prospects and a bad contract.
You're thinking a GM who has repeatedly preached that he's not going to throw away future building blocks rushing a rebuild is going to give up a 1st, 2nd, and 2 prospects for a 30 year old goalie?

... Interesting.

Reactions: BayStBullies

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
It is seriously weird that people see Yzerman sign random UFAs that cost no assets to plug holes and think that means he's going for immediate Cup contention and will throw away futures for guys in their 30s.

I guess Helle is the new Erik Karlsson.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Based on all we've heard recently I think Chevy's ask would include one of Edvinsson, Kasper, or Danielson
Unfortunately he’s a UFA to be goaltender, and we all know the contract ask… That really does limit his destinations. So that return, just isn’t in the cards. He’s not a C entering his prime.

It would be something closer to Husso, Veleno and Buium. There’s a reason he hasn’t been traded yet. The good news is, we’re gonna find out…

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
2 prospect ?
Cossa + Cleveland ?
I'd much rather trade Wallinder than Cleveland. How dare you

Unfortunately he’s a UFA to be goaltender, and we all know the contract ask… That really does limit his destinations. So that return, just isn’t in the cards. He’s not a C entering his prime.

It would be something closer to Husso, Veleno and Buium. There’s a reason he hasn’t been traded yet. The good news is, we’re gonna find out…
Done. No backsies

• Haha
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Acquiring a 30yo big money goalie is probably the least likely move for Yzerman to make at this time.

At Tampa he acquired 40yo goalies. Roloson at first, then Bishop.

It didn't prevent Vasilevskiy to pan out. He just bought out time for his development.

Same carbon copy will be happening at Detroit. And he has two cards now, Cossa and Augustine.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023

It didn't prevent Vasilevskiy to pan out. He just bought out time for his development.

Same carbon copy will be happening at Detroit. And he has two cards now, Cossa and Augustine.
The total cost of acquiring Roloson and Bishop was Ty Wishart, Cory Conacher, and a 4th round pick lol.

That's a far cry from trading a 1st + Prospects for Hellebuyck.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005

Bishop was on a $650,000 contract and 26yo when he was acquired by Yzerman.
Roloson signed a $3M deal after he was acquired for a minor leaguer.

In what universe is there any comparison to a potential Hellebuyck trade? A Hellebuyck that reportedly wants Vasilevskiy money on his next contract.

Reimer and Lyon are far better comparisons to Roloson and Bishop than f***ing Hellebuyck...

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I don't care what he wants. Yzerman will force him to a bargain deal, like he did with DeBrincat. That's how Michigan natives could act.

The guys aren't stupid like many in here. They clearly see the team on a rise, and some like to join.
Hellebuyck should go play in LA where they need a goalie and are all in right now with Doughty and Kopitar etc. They can pay him something semi-reasonable next season.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad