Proposal: Hellebucyk for your goalie +

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Matt Murray
OTT 2nd
TBL 2nd
Jarventie (worth a early 2nd)
Brannstrom

Nothing elite but a bunch of good pieces.

Probably not enough though. I'd add a 1st instead of a 2nd but only if it's not top 5

You aren't getting Hellebucyk for anything close to this low end accumulation.

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
So was mine. Helly would be better suited to Toronto, Edmonton, Buffalo or Detroit
Can't see Buffalo being a team that would trade for him given his current contract. Only 2 seasons left on his deal and very likely he wants to be on a contender by the time he's a UFA. They would be giving up what would likely be at least a couple solid young players for 2 years of Helle before he walks if they aren't at least in the playoff bubble in 2 years.

Not sure the Sabres would be willing to give up the prospects or young players the Jets would want in return either. I'm sure they could offer up one of UPL, Levi or Portillo, but can't see them adding one of Krebs, Cozens, Quinn, Peterka etc which is likely the ones the Jets would want.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
You aren't getting Hellebucyk for anything close to this low end accumulation.

~8th overall
~ 60th overall
33rd overall from 2yrs ago
Brannstrom
Murray

If that's not even close then you're delusional. Corey Schneider went for 9th overall alone.

In fact it's an overpayment. I retract the offer entirely. Lol

Edit: was a misunderstanding. My bad.

Last edited:

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Matt Murray
OTT 2nd
TBL 2nd
Brannstrom

Probably not enough though. I'd add a 1st instead of a 2nd but only if it's not top 5

Not even close to being enough. Not enough of a prime piece coming back.

Reactions: Snowman

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Can't see Buffalo being a team that would trade for him given his current contract. Only 2 seasons left on his deal and very likely he wants to be on a contender by the time he's a UFA. They would be giving up what would likely be at least a couple solid young players for 2 years of Helle before he walks if they aren't at least in the playoff bubble in 2 years.

Not sure the Sabres would be willing to give up the prospects or young players the Jets would want in return either. I'm sure they could offer up one of UPL, Levi or Portillo, but can't see them adding one of Krebs, Cozens, Quinn, Peterka etc which is likely the ones the Jets would want.

Maybe not, but getting Helly would put fans in the stands and instantly make them better. Agree though. Not sure what else they would add to one of their goalies.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
~8th overall
~ 60th overall
33rd overall from 2yrs ago
Brannstrom
Murray

If that's not even close then you're delusional. Corey Schneider went for 9th overall alone.

In fact it's an overpayment. I retract the offer entirely. Lol
Where is the 8th overall.
I saw Jarventie, Murray, 2 2nds and Brannstrom. The jets would much rather just have the 9th overall pick. Plus Helly is a fair bit better than schneider.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Where is the top 10 pick?
Where is the 8th overall.
I saw Jarventie, Murray, 2 2nds and Brannstrom. The jets would much rather just have the 9th overall pick. Plus Helly is a fair bit better than schneider.

I said I'd add a 1st instead of a 2nd but only if it's not top 5

Basucally lottery protected.

A safer bet might be to add Tyler Boucher instead.

Not sure all this is worth it for the Sens though. I would LOVE to solidify the goaltending though.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Matt Murray
OTT 2nd
TBL 2nd
Brannstrom

Murray has been playing well lately (since Dec.?), so not sure this is wise, or necessary. That of course does not obviate or diminish the idea that strong goaltending is required.

I've seen a lot of trade proposals from specific people and this phenomenon probably isn't representative of what a good chunk of the fan base thinks (imho). I'd think a little patience is a good idea and staying away from overpaying is good too.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
I know he said picks, but we're not giving a top 10 pick up. It just aint happenin
You could draft a goalie in the top 10 100 times and the likelihood of any of them being a perennial Vezina candidate would be *very* low. 1 top 10 pick isn’t an unimaginable ask.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
I had to check, can’t believe the guy is only 28 years old and signed for two more years.

This guy wins games all by himself and to be honest masked a lot of things wrong with the Winnipeg roster.

Oilers should be having a long hard look and selling the farm for 3 solid cracks at the Stanley Cup. Anything can happen with Drai, McDavid & Helle + the supporting cast.

1st + Bourgault + Samurai/Lavoie + Kassian/Koskinen and whatever else is needed to make the cap work.

Maybe add Skinner as an option between Samurai & Lavoie too if they want to address every position in one package.

Last edited:

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Smith+Koskinen+Bourgault+Samorukov+2022 1st+2023 1st
The 2 1sts are a nice feature but no way do the Jets take Smith. Plus Skinner would have to be included. Jets need a replacement goalie.

Take out Samorukov. Not a need.

HellOnIce

Jun 28, 2007
Devils start with Blackwood, '23 1st, Shakir Mukhamadulin and Ty Smith

Last edited:

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
The 2 1sts are a nice feature but no way do the Jets take Smith. Plus Skinner would have to be included. Jets need a replacement goalie.

Take out Samorukov. Not a need.

Something should be swung if Hellebucyk were available to the Oilers. I've never seen a goalie go for three firsts, a good prospect and two goaltenders so we are all probably way off but really, Holland should at least call Winnipeg in this scenario.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad