Confirmed with Link: Heinola 2 years 800k

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yeah, I've been playing around with how he might fit in to any equation. Unless it is just futures trade, we really don't know what Chevy has play with until Perfetti is signed.

My guess is he will be prioritized now. They have a roster signed now other then him and as you mentioned Chevy is going to need to know what he has to work with for any potential summer deals.

Reactions: KingBogo

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I wonder if we now see Stanley traded? Fleury and Coghlan are both serviceable 7/8 D on league minimums. One a LHD the other a RHD. Both with NHL experience to step in. Gives the Jets a pretty good and cost efficient D group.
And I wonder if we see Ville traded - same situation IMO

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
My guess is he will be prioritized now. They have a roster signed now other then him and as you mentioned Chevy is going to need to know what he has to work with for any potential summer deals.
Agreed. It looks likely to be a bridge deal with the cap space available, and I'm guessing Perfetti doesn't want to be negotiating a long term contract off of how last season ended.

And I wonder if we see Ville traded - same situation IMO
Very good point. I was looking at that with biased eyes.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Vi
Honestly, I don't think that a platoon would be the worst thing in the world. Let Heinola play against good, fast teams and let Stanley play against teams like Minnesota who are slow and dirty lol
Ville will get the shot he was planned for LY - and we'll see if he has moved the needle.
They pretty much know what they have in Stan - and now they need to see what they have in Ville.
Only way to sort it out is to play him - but until that happens, we don't know.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
mild-shock-shocked.gif

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Agreed. It looks likely to be a bridge deal with the cap space available, and I'm guessing Perfetti doesn't want to be negotiating a long term contract off of how last season ended.

Very good point. I was looking at that with biased eyes.

Agreed, the only way he signs long is if Chevy offers above market value and he doesn't negotiate like that.

Reactions: KingBogo

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I wonder if we now see Stanley traded? Fleury and Coghlan are both serviceable 7/8 D on league minimums. One a LHD the other a RHD. Both with NHL experience to step in. Gives the Jets a pretty good and cost efficient D group.
I'd be down for that. Maybe someone will over pay for 6'7

Whileee

May 29, 2010
A fair deal. Jets get a bit of a break on his AAV, but the 2-year one-way contract is good for Heinola. It indicates that the Jets are pretty sure that they won't be sending him down on waivers.

Before letting Dillon go, I would have thought that Heinola was a very good trade candidate. He might still be. But I like the flexibility he gives the Jets on D. Other than Morrissey, they really lack a puck mover on D and he can also fill in on the PP.

I am less optimistic about his ceiling than I was a couple of seasons ago, but that is not uncommon with prospects.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Here’s hoping he gets his set of games to get comfortable. There should be 2 PP opportunity for him to really carve a roll.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
The Jets have never traded a player they signed immediately...it's not the Jets way...every player is valued until they devalue themselves. Really looks like there is one spot for 2 players, somebody still has to be a #9 in the role Capobianco had last year. Jets d is definitely not deep enough yet to start expending players

Glad Ville signed...hope he has a good season finds a way to fit the team, and grow with the pros...if he gets 50 games in he's done something right.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Ville getting the one way show me deal now so I am glad we are on to that phase. I am hoping he gets about 50 games this season (The Tucker Poolman shot) and the key is that he remains injury free. Last season our D core was about as healthy as I have seen in the 2.0 era and I am expecting our top 6-7 to miss allot more man games this season so there should be plenty of minutes to sprinkle around when you combine it with the fact that both Dillon and Schmidt are gone.

This is his D +6 season and the odds are not good for guys that take this long to make it to the show. As @Whileee mentioned I am less optimistic about his ceiling than I was at one point. That being said he has the skill so we’ll see if he can put it together. I am obviously cheering for him to excel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad