Proposal: Hearing He'd Been Traded, Gallagher's Biggest Fan Kreider Eyes Out: MTL + NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
I don’t love the Kreider contract but I like the Gallagher contract even less. I think Kreider has better odds of maintaining his current level for longer just based on his build and fitness level. If you told me Gallagher AAV was a bit less and a couple years shorter then I might’ve been interested. I could see Gallagher’s future trajectory being problematic similar to a guy like Callahan.

a1195b19e3c68756bef62c491f4a58bd.jpg

SlafCaufield

formely KotkaCaufield
Jul 13, 2020
Pointe-Claire
Their scoring rates are practically identical. Gallagher is 5’9. Kreider is 6’3. Kreider is built much better for longevity. Kreider is only 13 months older. Kreider has been more much more effective in the playoffs to date. I think it’s reasonable to think Kreider will age better given his physical attributes. You can disagree. You can like Gallagher more. That’s fine. To act like Gallagher is flatly the better player is foolish.
Gallagher has already proven it in the playoffs time and time again

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Gallagher has already proven it in the playoffs time and time again

You’re all over the place... their regular season point totals are virtually identical and you say Gallagher has better numbers. Kreider has been better in the playoffs, but you say “Gallagher has proven it in the playoffs.” Listen, I’m not trying to convince you that Kreider is better. They are very similar caliber players who play a different style from each other. I don’t mind that you personally prefer Gallagher. I was just taking umbrage with you stating Gallagher is clearly better as if it’s a fact which it clearly isn’t. Honestly? I think they are both on contracts that will make them problematic in the future and I wouldn’t be crazy about either deal on my books.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY

Very sexy.

Idk what the future holds but I’d stick to the stronger skater whose 5-6 inches taller and weighs another 40 pounds in terms of longevity. Both of these guys are signed for a long time. Of course, anyone could blow a knee or have a major head injury tomorrow. I’m not bashing Gallagher - love his attitude and talent level. Just as a betting man, I like Kreider maintaining his level longer... and this is from a guy who was very on board trading rather than extending him.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Ghally has as less chance getting traded right now as I have of winning the lottery.

With Weber out, he's one of the leaders...although not much results yet...

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I don't really see how this actually helps either team. MTL really need the sparkplug element Gallagher brings, and he fits a lot better with the way their other forwards play and what's needed there. Whereas Kreider kinda fits better with what the Rangers need, and with the sheer size and brute force approach he brings to a lineup that doesn't necessarily have many other pure North-South players like that.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Why would either team do this? Montreal likes Gallagher and New York likes Kreider.

Let's swap players for shits and giggles!!

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Ya, just keep doing proposals simply based on lyrical puns :ha:

Thank you for pointing that out because I originally missed it and just thought it was the dumbest thread title I've ever seen. Now I know ... that it is the dumbest thread title I've ever seen.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
To Montreal: Kreider

To New York: Gallagher

Just seems to balance out each team's lineup...

Both guys are signed through 2027 with identical cap hits

Gallagher is a year younger

Both players offer nearly identical production over their careers...

Kreider
179 goals, 348 points, 575 games

Gallagher
187 goals, 357 points, 584 games
Please stop.

Reactions: redbeardtx and Kupo

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Rangers say no. Both not great contracts, both will give similar offensive outputs, but we need what kreider provides more physically then what Gallagher does. Kreider still has blazing speed and is one of the best players in the league in front of the net on the PP.
Plus kreider already has chemistry with our players and proved he can produce in NY. No reason for the rangers to take the chance

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Rangers say no. Both not great contracts, both will give similar offensive outputs, but we need what kreider provides more physically then what Gallagher does. Kreider still has blazing speed and is one of the best players in the league in front of the net on the PP.
Plus kreider already has chemistry with our players and proved he can produce in NY. No reason for the rangers to take the chance

Gave this post a 'Like' midway through reading it, but then saw the last line and took the 'Like' away...

Gallagher is younger, and plays a position of need, so there's a reason for the Rangers to take the chance... but if you don't think that reason justifies the trade, that's understandable

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Gave this post a 'Like' midway through reading it, but then saw the last line and took the 'Like' away...

Gallagher is younger, and plays a position of need, so there's a reason for the Rangers to take the chance... but if you don't think that reason justifies the trade, that's understandable
He’s also on the longer contract. Kreids can also be moved earlier If need be when the NMC of his deal expires in 3 years.. not that Gallagher isn’t a good player, but kreider is the already proven point producer in NY. Maybe the best way of looking at the trade is like moving Coke for Pepsi as far as production goes. NYR is better off dealing with the devil they know already..
Add to the fact that kreider is the bigger player and Gallagher isn’t likely to fill his spot in front of the net on the PP and it’s an easy no.
As far as the like goes, .. that’s your call.
Point is moot anyway.
Kreids wouldn’t likely waive at this time. I don’t think he wants to leave NY ( took less to stay) and beyond that I doubt he wants to play for a team in canada. I don’t think there are any Canadian teams on his list when his NMC switches to a modified NTC

Last edited:

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Out of curiosity, have any of the trades the OP has suggested been remotely realistic? How many unrealistic threads does someone need to start before the mods do something?

Reactions: redbeardtx

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
They have identical career PPG averages

Both average .61

Although, if you want to be precise...

Gallagher averages .611
Kreider is at .605

So, Gallagher averages about half a point more per 82 games

Advantage Gallagher!

Krieder is on a NMC.

This proposal is dismissed.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Out of curiosity, have any of the trades the OP has suggested been remotely realistic? How many unrealistic threads does someone need to start before the mods do something?

Might as well shut this part of HFBoards down if the required criteria is realism.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad