Post-Game Talk: He’s such a Bouche

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
He's pretty much telling the truth. Most people here just go to the mall or Whyte during their free time but it's not like we're much different then Calgary with their big advantage being close to the mountains.

This might be news to some but most people still only do "boring" stuff in expensive places with "lots to do" as well

At least Edmonton has a ton of events and festivals, but Big Zog doesn't seem like he would appreciate those sorts of things.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
I think it was more so of you only posting the missed calls on the Oilers but not mentioning about the nucks missed calls that got people coming at you, brother. I have no disdain for you on your post about it. Just as much missed calls the oilers got away with last night, imo, the nucks got away with just as much. The officiating will never improve in this league no matter how bad the outcry is. Sad truth.
Feels like the Oilers have had nothing but missed calls going against them over the entire McDrai era so when we get a slight advantage for one game I'd say the law of averages finally turned to our corner.

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Can anyone recall if Nurse boarded Petterson before or after Myers boarded Janmark? I think it was Myers first but I’m not sure.

Because they complain about non calls but they definitely high sticked Hyman before Hughes got high sticked.

Maybe Oilers players are just responding and the Nucks shouldn’t f*** around and find out.

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
surprised to see the lack of Mcdavid talk in this thread. I though that was his best playoff game since game 7 against LA a few years ago. Willed us to victory. Drai was great too but hes been MVP so far this playoffs so thought Connor deserved Some flowers.

Both he and Drai were ridiculously good in the last game. All-time great performances by both of them imo. I think McDavid is good you expect it so games like the first of the series stand out more than this.

They played near perfect. Drai might have actually played a perfect game.

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
This might be news to some but most people still only do "boring" stuff in expensive places with "lots to do" as well

At least Edmonton has a ton of events and festivals, but Big Zog doesn't seem like he would appreciate those sorts of things.
He's a millionaire athlete, he cares about f***ing supermodels and being seen at Nobu's.

He's doing exactly what he wanted by making people focus on this instead of the L they took

Reactions: Oilhawks

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Can anyone recall if Nurse boarded Petterson before or after Myers boarded Janmark? I think it was Myers first but I’m not sure.

Because they complain about non calls but they definitely high sticked Hyman before Hughes got high sticked.

Maybe Oilers players are just responding and the Nucks shouldn’t f*** around and find out.
One thing that Vancouver player seems to do a lot is to turn to the boards when they are about to get hit. I think it was Bieksa who pointed this out. Not the smartest thing to do. While you might draw the odd call its a good way to shorten your season or even your career.

Last edited:

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I remember watching that and trying to figure out exaclty what happened.

His reaction says high stick but its hard to know to know for sure.
You can see Zadorov pitch fork him just before he brings his stick down to the ice. It happens super fast but he does get him.

Reactions: guymez

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
He's a millionaire athlete, he cares about f***ing supermodels and being seen at Nobu's.

He's doing exactly what he wanted by making people focus on this instead of the L they took
For regular human beings Edmonton is a great city to live in. It’s not a huge city and it has an NHL team, plenty of great places to shop and eat, good schools, more affordable housing.

It’s not a top tier playground for millionaires like a handful of NHL cities are but who cares. For the size and location and everything Edmonton is a great city, loads to offer.

Downtown Edmonton improved a lot since I lived there too. It’s not perfect but I felt safer walking around there than Vancouver too.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Square head.

Yaaaaaaaawn. That's the best chirp he can come up with? How original.
Floating-Kayaking-Water-Activities-on-the-North-Saskatchewan-River-Edmonton-Explore-Edmonton-Travel-Alberta-Bask-on-the-Sask-16-980x560.jpg

Here's the North Saskatchewan River so he can proceed to dive more.

Post this everywhere! And including the mains thread which I am unfairly banned from:

I like how the nuck morons didn't even bother responding to it in the mains. (Shocking)

• Haha
Reactions: Bryanbryoil

EchoesoftheEighties

Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
For regular human beings Edmonton is a great city to live in. It’s not a huge city and it has an NHL team, plenty of great places to shop and eat, good schools, more affordable housing.

It’s not a top tier playground for millionaires like a handful of NHL cities are but who cares. For the size and location and everything Edmonton is a great city, loads to offer.

Downtown Edmonton improved a lot since I lived there too. It’s not perfect but I felt safer walking around there than Vancouver too.
The millionaire who made the statement...

Seriously I don't know why people are so insecure about this

Reactions: PULSATING

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020

Why are people calling this boarding in the first place? It wasn't a hit to the numbers even after Petterson turned into the boards. It was a hit from the side. And it wasn't a multi-stride full speed unexpected run from behind... finally Nurse stayed on his feet while delivering the hit.

The "tunnel of death" was what NHL commentators from the national media used to call it when Robyn Regehr used to routinely hit Ales Hemsky. This is legal in the NHL.

Sucks when your player gets clobbered, many of our stars got run in the LA series, but you can't have the referees coming up with phantom calls in the postseason.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Hah Tocchet it shaking up the lines now. I didn’t think he’d do it so quickly. They should be winning with their depth but I bet they start to try to load up.

I bet our bottom 6 starts to pick it up

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023

The fact that it's always other cities that bring this up shows where the insecurity lies. 2 hockey teams playing. Other Canadian cities struggle against Edmonton for 40 years and it devolves into. "yeah I mean Edmonton is so boring"

Plenty of people like me love living in Edmonton I could work in California new York Florida but choose to stay here.

Affordable big houses. Good schools. River valley. Safer than cities like Surrey Vancouver Toronto and Mississauga.

Im 40 years old. I can't go to the club everyday. I got coding class for my kids, tennis lesson, jujitsu and soccer.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver

Some people are insecure about it. I don’t even live in Edmonton anymore but it annoys me when regular people pile on and mock Edmonton, especially Calgarians (very comparable city, they get all high and mighty over chinooks).

People in basements who can barely afford Vancouver will mock Edmonton.

For what it is, for being a smaller city, Edmonton is great. Just having an NHL team and awesome arena is a really cool perk.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Yaaaaaaaawn. That's the best chirp he can come up with? How original.
Floating-Kayaking-Water-Activities-on-the-North-Saskatchewan-River-Edmonton-Explore-Edmonton-Travel-Alberta-Bask-on-the-Sask-16-980x560.jpg

Here's the North Saskatchewan River so he can proceed to dive more.

I like how the nuck morons didn't even bother responding to it in the mains. (Shocking)
I’m sure they’ve all stfu by now. Such a cocky fanbase but can’t stick around when the heats on. Oh well I’m sure we’ll get lots of mileage out of that video as this series goes on.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Some people are insecure about it. I don’t even live in Edmonton anymore but it annoys me when regular people pile on and mock Edmonton, especially Calgarians (very comparable city, they get all high and mighty over chinooks).

People in basements who can barely afford Vancouver will mock Edmonton.

For what it is, for being a smaller city, Edmonton is great. Just having an NHL team and awesome arena is a really cool perk.
You know calgary always likes to mention they were ranked top 10 city or whatever to live in by Economic Times or something. But that publication lumped calgary and edmonton as one entity, cause they were so similar. So that ranking is literally the same ranking we get.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I think one of the big issues for the depth scoring is the blueline's inability to create beyond the top pairing.

Right now Ekholm and Bouchard are more or less stapled to McDrai, while Kulak and Vinny play solid defence, but always make the safe when they get the puck; and well... here's the best visualisation of Nurse-Ceci I can find:
1715466602618.gif

I don't mind tossing more minutes at Kulak-Vinny with how they've been playing, but I think you need to look at Nurse playing with Stecher or Broberg on the 3rd pairing and hope they can deliver an offensive pulse of any kind.

Up front; with Drai injured, I don't mind going to the hero line. However Henrique's injury does toss a wrench into the usual plan. Still, I think you can make it work...

McDrai-Hyman
RNH-McLeod-Kane
Janmark-Ryan-Foegele
Holloway-Henrique-Perry

McLeod's been mostly invisible these playoffs, but his defensive play has still been rock solid. Plus his skating and ability to get the puck going the right way complements RNH and Kane the best of the remaining (healthy) options.

Otherwise, Janmark-Ryan is a solid defensive combo, and Holloway gets put with two willy vets.
Which is the 3rd or 4th line depends on the health of Henrique's ankle. At the moment I'd say it's the Janmark-Ryan line.

EchoesoftheEighties

Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
This is not the own u think it it. It shows how stupid zadorovs statement its in reality.

People should be insecure about it,it’s entitled and snobbish. Try living in a third world country.
I'm not trying to get an own. Stuff like this happens literally every year when Edmonton is ranked low on the placed to play list. We do the same thing by shitting on places like Winnipeg.

People make these statements because enough of you get rattled by it. Of course it's entitled and snobbish, he's a rich asshole this is the expectation.

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I think one of the big issues for the depth scoring is the blueline's inability to create beyond the top pairing.

Right now Ekholm and Bouchard are more or less stapled to McDrai, while Kulak and Vinny play solid defence, but always make the safe when they get the puck; and well... here's the best visualisation of Nurse-Ceci I can find:
View attachment 869070

I don't mind tossing more minutes at Kulak-Vinny with how they've been playing, but I think you need to look at Nurse playing with Stecher or Broberg on the 3rd pairing and hope they can deliver an offensive pulse of any kind.

Up front; with Drai injured, I don't mind going to the hero line. However Henrique's injury does toss a wrench into the usual plan. Still, I think you can make it work...

McDrai-Hyman
RNH-McLeod-Kane
Janmark-Ryan-Foegele
Holloway-Henrique-Perry

McLeod's been mostly invisible these playoffs, but his defensive play has still been rock solid. Plus his skating and ability to get the puck going the right way complements RNH and Kane the best of the remaining (healthy) options.

Otherwise, Janmark-Ryan is a solid defensive combo, and Holloway gets put with two willy vets.
Which is the 3rd or 4th line depends on the health of Henrique's ankle. At the moment I'd say it's the Janmark-Ryan line.
Knob should have tried Stecher with Nurse more near the end of the season. It looked good, better than Nurse-Ceci by far.

It’s tough to throw a guy in during the playoffs but it could really change things if they play like they did together before in that brief window.

Stecher played for the Nucks before too, he might be really fired up and motivated, I’m not opposed to it.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
I'm not trying to get an own. Stuff like this happens literally every year when Edmonton is ranked low on the placed to play list. We do the same thing by shitting on places like Winnipeg.

People make these statements because enough of you get rattled by it. Of course it's entitled and snobbish, he's a rich asshole this is the expectation.
Rattled by it? lol u are a clown no one is rattled just saying that it’s a pathetic chirp. Welcome to block. Stop policing what people post/ say

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad