TV: HBO's The Night Of

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Regardless of the ending they've managed to make Naz entirely unlikable and not a sympathetic figure at all. Couldn't care less what happens to him.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
She was asking his opinion, as a medical expert, which is allowed. What question specifically did you think could have raised an objection?

Agree with you on Nas not telling Chandra about the 2nd incident. But, she could have played it better by tieing the second one into the first one, which I suspect she'll do when he takes the stand.

Also, I don't think it's that big of a deal, because a competent defense attorney can spin it as a good kid, who was trying to get an edge in his studies and taking a prescription drug to help him. The fact that he was selling it to other kids, was a stupid mistake by a young kid who wanted to make a little money on the side, as sometimes college kids do to make ends meet, or remove some of the financial burden that college puts on these kids.

That could/should make him seem a bit more symapthetic by the jury, than the 'drug-dealer' that the prosecutor was trying to paint him as.

You think him dealing prescription drugs is going to make him sympathetic to the jury. lol, this is precisely why the prosecution went there. They are painting the portrait of a criminal and doing a great job. This is not a jury of college kids, even so not everyone thinks as you do. I managed to make it through college without dealing drugs, I imagine the majority did as well.

It's not going to matter, something bigger will come out or as it stands he'll be found guilty.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
You think him dealing prescription drugs is going to make him sympathetic to the jury. lol, this is precisely why the prosecution went there. They are painting the portrait of a criminal and doing a great job. This is not a jury of college kids, even so not everyone thinks as you do. I managed to make it through college without dealing drugs, I imagine the majority did as well.

It's not going to matter, something bigger will come out or as it stands he'll be found guilty.

It depends on how Chandra spins it. He wasn't some typical drug-dealer either, just a stupid college kid trying to make money. The prosecution painted their picture, and now it's the defense's turn to paint theirs. They'll counter the prosecutor's picture with a painting of their own. Just how it works. Also he's not on trial for selling adderall when he was in college. The pill thing won't make much difference if there's another suspect....as I suspect there will be.

I don't think he did it, and I doubt they'll find him guilty.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Chandra did a pretty good job last episode. But Weiss knows how to persuade the jury. Impressive how she tried to make Mr. Cats look as being not credible at all, despite all the stuff that the defense came up with thanks to him.

void

Jan 5, 2006
So, the murder that they showed at the beginning kinda confirms that Naz is innocent, right? I mean, pretty much everything is pointing in the "innocent" direction. I'll be disappointed if he ends up being innocent or if there isn't some sort of twist at the end.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
So, the murder that they showed at the beginning kinda confirms that Naz is innocent, right? I mean, pretty much everything is pointing in the "innocent" direction. I'll be disappointed if he ends up being innocent or if there isn't some sort of twist at the end.

I didn't take it as that.

I took it as a black woman was murder and it's no big deal. But because Naz is a muslim and killed a white woman it's a huge story. It was a commentary on the media and society.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Why is so much air time devoted to Stone's gross feet?

It helped in character development but the story line is almost devoted to the progress of his feet.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I didn't take it as that.

I took it as a black woman was murder and it's no big deal. But because Naz is a muslim and killed a white woman it's a huge story. It was a commentary on the media and society.

Yep. That's why it was shown at the beginning of the episode and then never mentioned again.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I've never been to court, but it seems the court scenes seem kind of unrealistic. Someone throw out an objection! Chandra did once but it was for something that made no sense.

The prosecutor talking about how that doctor was praising the other one at a testimonial dinner was kind of sad. What a reach. Dude put her in her place.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
She knew that stuff like this was her last shot. And I guess she succeeded in making the jury think twice. You can argue that Chandra should have stepped in.
But given her character description, I won't criticize it that much as being unrealistic.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I've never been to court, but it seems the court scenes seem kind of unrealistic. Someone throw out an objection! Chandra did once but it was for something that made no sense.

The prosecutor talking about how that doctor was praising the other one at a testimonial dinner was kind of sad. What a reach. Dude put her in her place.

I didn't have a problem with the DA going after the doctor. I thought that was pretty effective. Also, it shows how everyone exaggerates their testimony weather it be to suggest a defendant is guilty or innocent or to give praise to a colleague.

The court scene that bothered me was the defense asking about Daune Reed and the DA not objecting. They just threw a name out there that hadn't been introduced to the court with nothing to support it. I have to believe the DA would have objected heavily to that.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I didn't have a problem with the DA going after the doctor. I thought that was pretty effective. Also, it shows how everyone exaggerates their testimony weather it be to suggest a defendant is guilty or innocent or to give praise to a colleague.

The court scene that bothered me was the defense asking about Daune Reed and the DA not objecting. They just threw a name out there that hadn't been introduced to the court with nothing to support it. I have to believe the DA would have objected heavily to that.

That was a huge thing in Making a Murderer. Avery's lawyers could only try and prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he was not-guilty; they were not allowed to introduce other suspects or theories into the court proceedings.

I' m not sure if that's a thing for every case or just specific cases, but it's an interesting parallel from TV to real life.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I'm in the boat that really doesn't care what happens to Nasir at this point. He's proven to be quite an ass.

That could very well be another point the writers are trying to make, though -- that if a person finds he doesn't like a suspect, he might not care that he is found guilty, regardless of the truth. :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad