GDT: Hawks @ Utah 9pm ESPN 10/8/24 First game of the season you clowns

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Am I the only one that has been somewhat unimpressed with Bedard's shot at the NHL level?
I thought he was supposed to have an elite shot and I haven't seen him beat a lot of goalies with a snipe.

He's played one game this year and was on and island by himself last year. There's no doubt at all his shot is elite amongst the elite. The problem is getting him the puck in positions to utilize it fully.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Am I the only one that has been somewhat unimpressed with Bedard's shot at the NHL level?
I thought he was supposed to have an elite shot and I haven't seen him beat a lot of goalies with a snipe.
I feel like he needs a less whippy stick

But yea he hasn’t been ripping them past goalies clean without a screen like Matthews does. Lots of easy glove saves for goalies in the past couple games

• Haha
Reactions: belfour30 and Pez68

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
I feel like he needs a less whippy stick

But yea he hasn’t been ripping them past goalies clean without a screen like Matthews does. Lots of easy glove saves for goalies in the past couple games
We agree way too much lol

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Matthews doesn't beat goalies unscreened off the carry all that often either. Nobody does

When Bedard isn't the sole focal point and has others creating chances for him his shot will shine more
Turns out, NHL goalies are really good. It's almost like it is really hard to score when they are set, only have to worry about the shooter, and the defense keeps the shooter outside of the house...

Reactions: BHawks77 and Giovi

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
This graphic struck me during the game:

Bertuzzi: 9th season.
Teravainen: 12th.
Maroon: 14th.
Smith: 14th.
Hall: 15th.
Brodie: 15th.
Martinez: 16th.
Foligno: 18th.

You just don't have a winning combination when 8 players can total 113 seasons. Stop with the "veteran leadership" crap. One or two, fine. But this is ridiculous.
Hawks weren't going to have a winning combination this year regardless. The Hawks had a bunch of AHL talents in their 1st or 2nd NHL season last year and were absolutely terrible as well. Hawks didn't have guys ready for the roster spots, so they got a bunch of temps to fill roles short term. Here is hoping they play OK and can be moved for value at the TDL.

Reactions: statswatcher

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Foligno-Bedard-Teravainen
Hall-Nazar-Kurashev
Bertuzzi-Dickinson-Mikheyev
Maroon-Donato-Anderson

Vlasic-Jones
Kaiser-Murphy
Allan-Martinez

PP1: Bedard, Teravainen, Nazar, Bertuzzi, Vlasic