Hawks Prospect Pool Depth

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How Does our Prospect Pool Rank in the NHL

• #1 Baby

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • #2 Bruh

• #3 Boyyyyyy

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • #4 Big daddy

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • #5 We still got work to do

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • #6 You just guessed this

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • #7 More tanking please

• #8-10 What the hell are we doing??

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MHO

Sep 27, 2023
I would rather have a log jam of equally aged players to beat out than a log jam of proven NHL vets like many teams have. Every single kid drafted here should be salivating at the chance to win some battles and earn a roster spot. There won't be $4-5million corpses pushing them to the minors because of cap issues like half the league has. Any of the FA signed don't have much term on those contracts and can be moved if needed. Some folks concern here is very unwarranted imo.
I would too. I don't think it's fair to expect kids to choose between battling for a roster spot against signing with whoever they want that is best for their career despite my wish that they would want to earn their spot for the team that drafted them.

I think most of those 'corpses' are playing on defense and shouldn't impact Greene's chances. Still trying to understand the Brodie deal myself. The issue is that you don't know who is going to be ready for the NHL and when. For every Kevin Hayes, there's a Henri Jokiharju, Adam Boqvist, or Kirby Dach who were called up too early. Also there's Alex Vlasic who I think we can all say benefitted from ample time in the AHL. I'm actually curious how late 1st/2nd and 3rd round picks view playing in the AHL and if they accept that the minors would be good for their development.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad