GDT: Hawks @ Oilers 9pm ChSn 10/13/24

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
A few comments:
That is the Seth Jones I expected. Hope he stays healthy and keeps up the solid play.
Vlasic looking like a solid veteran.
Kaiser played well. He wants to stay. I reckon it is a matter of time before Kaiser and Allan play ahead of Brodie.
Beautiful goal by Bedard and his best game in a while..
Foligno shining on both PP and PK.
PP at 100 %. Amazing after the dismal effort the night previous.
And we can't take Mrazek's play for granted. He has been good since he arrived.... and made some huge saves again in this game (especially in the 1st period).

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
1728828299017.png

Brodie not seeing the ice in the last 10 minutes of last nights game.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Hard to complain about the results so far
I'd take a 1--1 start, especially when you factor in we have played a team that is 3-0, a team with last year's Vezina winner, and last year's SC finalist.

Reactions: Putt Pirate

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
move him to rw and put nazar on his line with turbo at lw
He can still play the center position, just not take faceoffs until he gets better at the dot.

Hard to complain about the results so far
I'd take a 1--1 start, especially when you factor in we have played a team that is 3-0, a team with last year's Vezina winner, and last year's SC finalist.
Exactly and came within a minute or so from stealing an extra point from Jets.

Luke has taken a lot of flak around here but he has the team (for the most part) playing properly.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
He can still play the center position, just not take faceoffs until he gets better at the dot.

Exactly and came within a minute or so from stealing an extra point from Jets.

Luke has taken a lot of flak around here but he has the team (for the most part) playing properly.
Agreed. Considering the fact half of the team is new, and all the adjustments that takes, along with building chemistry with one another, it's a promising start. Hopefully they can keep getting better.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The Good,the Bad,and the Ugly:

The Good:
1.Mrazek spectacular =goalie win...otherwise score could be 8-5 for EDM
2..The PP...3 for 3
3. Top 2 lines scored
4..Bedard finally revealed his Generational shot...ling time since appearances..
5. Dynamic Duo...TT and Bedard big scoring.
night..
6.$9.5 with 1 g2a=lived uoto his pay scale..
7..Exoected "stars 'came through.
8.Hawks played hard all game .

The Bad:

1.T.J. Brodie...need more physical dman for winning puck battles and boxing out at crease..
Please replace with Allan.
2.Anderson....did not have enough speed to keep up on his checks and piir offebsive decisions.

2.EDM 91 shot attemots..
3.EDM 42 scoring chances..

The Ugly:

1. Hawks playing prevent with lead...Poor 3rd period being hemmed in by EDM forcing Hawks into mainly spending too much time in their own zone.. if notfor Mrazek score would be a lot different
2.Totally unacceptable poir clear attemots to get pucks out of d-zone...Somebody has to skate pucks out to better areas for clearing..

Conclusion ...Hawks cashed in on opportunities better than EDM did..Hawks hot better goaltending. Hawks star exoexted "difference-makers" players came through.... EDMONTON biggest stars failed to dominate the scoring..

Result :Hawks win big...by 3 goal margin...5-2..

Last edited:
Reactions: hawksrule

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
he wanted to make sure the young crop of kids would have room to become leaders then went and signed a bunch of vets and gave the captaincy to foligno who would be on a league min deal without davidson, but yeah Kane couldnt come back for reasons
Foligno looked better than 75% of the Oilers roster last night.

Just saying.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
What if told you the 70 point bottom 5 Blackhawks have two #1 D and a superstar 1C. With another two top D on the way.

Or… is anyone feeling like we need to maybe change expectations? For me if Vlasic and Jones gonna play like this and teravainen and Bedard play like this…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad