GDT: Hawks @ Mild 10/1/24 CHSN (Same time new channel) Do it for lou!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024
I think I’m at a point I have entirely given up on Reichel and expect to see him playing in Europe somewhere in 2-3 years.

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024
Oh no Kurashev made a mistake. Send his ass to Rockford when he’s out of the box.

Am I doing this right?

I don’t think Rockford is the worst place for Korchinski for even say half the season. Let him learn to run a PP and gain some confidence playing against men. There are times he still looks like scared kid out there.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I think he should play in Rockford because he needs to get more poise with the puck offensively and feel the puck a lot. Just play in all situations.

He’s looked a lot better this camp, he’s also still got those soft plays in his game that we just saw. He also isn’t generating a ton of chances and that has to be his calling card.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
I don’t think Rockford is the worst place for Korchinski for even say half the season. Let him learn to run a PP and gain some confidence playing against men. There are times he still looks like scared kid out there.
I don’t necessarily disagree but the dialogue coming into camp was that a spot was there for him if he earned it. I think it’d be hard to suggest he hasn’t at this point.

Now we’re going to have people calling for him to go to Rockford every time he isn’t perfect

Reactions: Mrfenn92

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024
I don’t necessarily disagree but the dialogue coming into camp was that a spot was there for him if he earned it. I think it’d be hard to suggest he hasn’t at this point.

Now we’re going to have people calling for him to go to Rockford every time he isn’t perfect

I just don’t want to see him playing a third pairing role and minutes in the NHL with Brodie. I think it’ll do more harm for his development vs him being the main guy in Rockford.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Take the hawks blinders off, I like korchinski but it’s getting real now. He was the worst defenseman in the league last year. The athletic projections literally put out with Korchinski and without Korchinski projections becomes he kills the projection lol

We need to start seeing signs of life on the offensive side if he’s going to do this stuff defensively. I don’t even care about the turnover, but give me something on the other side to even it out.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
Take the hawks blinders off, I like korchinski but it’s getting real now. He was the worst defenseman in the league last year. The athletic projections literally put out with Korchinski and without Korchinski projections becomes he kills the projection lol

We need to start seeing signs of life on the offensive side if he’s going to do this stuff defensively. I don’t even care about the turnover, but give me something on the other side to even it out.
The fact that you think he was the worst defenseman in the league last year tells me all I need to know about your opinion.

Reactions: Pez68

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Also are yall in a GDT to give measured level headed and only positive takes? Dude some hawks prospects are gonna be nails like Vlasic and some are gonna bomb. We can’t talk about that?

The fact that you think he was the worst defenseman in the league last year tells me all I need to know about your opinion.
He was. Stastically.

There’s one interesting omission from the depth chart below: Kevin Korchinski, the seventh pick from 2022. That’s for good reason: He struggled so much last season that he may be better served in Rockford, at least to start the season.

Korchinski is projected to have an outright brutal Net Rating of minus-11, the worst mark in the league, which speaks to how out of his depth he was last season. Despite some intriguing flashes of skill, Korchinski’s overall impact was largely negative in his rookie season, leading to a minus-15.2 Net Rating, the 10th worst rating among defenders since 2007-08.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019

He just turned 20 years old lol. I think he should start in the A but he's got plenty of runway left before this kind of reaction is remotely rational

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024

The very worst, no…. But it’s a very, very small list of who was worse and played 65+ games like he did.

Ad

Ad

Ad