Player Discussion Arber Xhekaj: The Sheriff

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Sens fan get triggered every time they shop at Costco now

BOOM 💥

95c38c.jpg

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Watching the video in slo-mo, the only point of contact was Stutzle hands, his stick was up so he hit himself in the head with his own stick. I don’t even know if contact with the gloves is considered a body check.

Reactions: SlafySZN

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I’m torn because i absolutely love how he defends his teammates and at this point i don’t even care he gave an eye for an eye.

But on the other hand, strictly hockey, he didn’t have a great camp

He got to play a total of like 2 minutes the last two games lol. He probably could have used a bit more TOI to shake off the rust.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
So you're fine with the hit on Laine, the miss on Hutson and tonight headshot on Dach?

Because this will continue to happen if you don't do anything.
Chara, Lucic and many others couldn't stop the headhunting of Marc Savard. It's a complete myth that we can stop this stuff my having toughness or our own headhunters. I don't actually mind the Xhekaj hit but let's not pretend like it's going to prevent anything.

Reactions: DavePeak

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Sens fans so butthurt about Xhekaj is freaking hilarious man. If their OWN playing hadn't done some dumb sh*t just because Dach was schooling them none of this would've happened. Even more so, if Greig would've answered for his hit, that would've been end of story seeing Dach wasn't hurt.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Chara, Lucic and many others couldn't stop the headhunting of Marc Savard. It's a complete myth that we can stop this stuff my having toughness or our own headhunters. I don't actually mind the Xhekaj hit but let's not pretend like it's going to prevent anything.
Maybe . . . but it still “feels good.” Also, can we acknowledge that Ridly Greig is a POS who got what he deserved last year?

Reactions: Habby4Life

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Sens fans so butthurt about Xhekaj is freaking hilarious man. If their OWN playing hadn't done some dumb sh*t just because Dach was schooling them none of this would've happened. Even more so, if Greig would've answered for his hit, that would've been end of story seeing Dach wasn't hurt.
100 percent.

Reactions: FLHabs

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
I’m a bit worried for him, he seems stuck without being able to find his identity. Still only 23 though and live the player, he’s shown us how effective and intimidating he can be, I hope he finds the consistency

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
Watching the video in slo-mo, the only point of contact was Stutzle hands, his stick was up so he hit himself in the head with his own stick. I don’t even know if contact with the gloves is considered a body check.

Stutzle has problems with one his wrist for a while now. Also had surgery on one of his hands couple years ago. Maybe Xhekaj connecting with his hands re-injured one of those.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I think it's pretty clear that the amount of injuries/career-enders have taken a mental toll on this franchise and its players. The group is clearly on one and ready to snap at anyone they think is being reckless. I hope it doesn't happen but I wouldn't be surprised to see a Canadiens player do something insane this year if we're on the end of another bad hit. These guys are clearly sick of watching guys go down.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I think it's pretty clear that the amount of injuries/career-enders have taken a mental toll on this franchise and its players. The group is clearly on one and ready to snap at anyone they think is being reckless. I hope it doesn't happen but I wouldn't be surprised to see a Canadiens player do something insane this year if we're on the end of another bad hit. These guys are clearly sick of watching guys go down.
The Laine one hit them hard. Can you blame them? They think they get this great player in, they're finally going to take a step, and some bum-ass idiot AHLer takes him out before he even plays a game (that matters). Doesn't even get a penalty for it.

Injuries have been a huge storyline with this group. They're said to be really tight in the room, tighter than most rooms, and then these bums start trying to pick them off before the season even starts. I'd be pissed too.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
The Laine one hit them hard. Can you blame them? They think they get this great player in, they're finally going to take a step, and some bum-ass idiot AHLer takes him out before he even plays a game (that matters). Doesn't even get a penalty for it.

Injuries have been a huge storyline with this group. They're said to be really tight in the room, tighter than most rooms, and then these bums start trying to pick them off before the season even starts. I'd be pissed too.

I don't know, it's a dangerous game to play. I think this group is clearly on a short fuse and I could see a smaller incident getting blown out of proportion and something stupid to a Hab or a rival player happening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad