GDT: Hawks @ Jets 10/11/24 7pm CHSN for some Wgn radio for the rest

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Lines looked good.

Soda was great.

As far as changes are concerned, I think Allan should play over Kaiser.

And Nazar should be up over Anderson.

Last edited:

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
Takes:
- The Hawks have more hockey IQ on the ice this year. The guys who left didn't seem to know what they were trying to do, or maybe more importantly, what their linemates were trying to do! That includes not only the fake NHLers iced last year, but Raddysh too. That doesn't make the Hawks a good NHL team though (obviously), but they're not a half AHL team anymore.
- That was a GD crying shame for Arvid. Too bad.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Feel bad for Soda. He didn’t deserve that. Bad decision by TT and horrible play by Kurashev, but ultimately comes down to this team not being able to win faceoffs.

A change in coaching and culture is badly needed

3 goals in 2 games. Not got to win much doing that.

scorehawks

Feb 13, 2021
Lines looked good.

Soda was great.

As far as changes are concerned, I think Allan should play over Kaiser.

And Nazar should be up over Anderson.
Nope. Kaiser and Allan. Although I thought both Martinez and to lesser extent Brodie were solid. And Reichel in for Anderson. Nazar will get his chance.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Nope. Kaiser and Allan. Although I thought both Martinez and to lesser extent Brodie were solid. And Reichel in for Anderson. Nazar will get his chance.
If Brodie and Martinez play the way they did tonight on a regular basis, Kaiser becomes the designated 7D.

And that's not because I think Kaiser was bad. I just think as long as those guys are playing well, you default to size. Kaiser is the smallest D on the roster.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I think this team will have the D figured out moving forward. We really need to find some impact forwards next draft. You still have to put pucks in the net.
if Rantanen hits the market do you back up the brinks truck for him? these guys never seem to but eventually one of these guys has to test the market

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
if Rantanen hits the market do you back up the brinks truck for him? these guys never seem to but eventually one of these guys has to test the market
Within reason. He turns 28 this season so it’s kind of a question if they want to tie him up for 6+ years when they have a lot of draft picks and young talent coming up that are going to need contracts.

The Vlasic contract looks like it is going to help a ton.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Within reason. He turns 28 this season so it’s kind of a question if they want to tie him up for 6+ years when they have a lot of draft picks and young talent coming up that are going to need contracts.

Rantanen is 28 already??

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018

None of the young talent apart from Bedard have shown they need any kind of significant raises. With the cap going up, signing a Rantanen calibre player is easily doable with plenty of room to spare.

We’re likely 3+ years away from any other kids needing significant raises still.

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
That Vlasic contract is one of the best value deals in the league. He looks so much more comfortable handling the puck on the rush and looked good on the second unit PP

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
None of the young talent apart from Bedard have shown they need any kind of significant raises. With the cap going up, signing a Rantanen calibre player is easily doable with plenty of room to spare.

We’re likely 3+ years away from any other kids needing significant raises still.
I’ll defer to you on this. I’m more a football guy at heart, but obviously love the Hawks.

Reactions: Hattrick Kane

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $716.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Wagers: 3