Confirmed with Link: Hawks get pick #s 18 & 50 from NYI for pick #s 20, 54, & 61 (all in 2024)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Detroit wants to get rid of the Husso, Petry, Matta and Holl contracts. I wonder if Det would swap 15 for 18 and Chi takes Petry or Matta off their hands. You can only buy out so many players.
To Chicago:
:hawks
-2024 1st round pick, 15th overall
-Ville Husso
-Justin Holl

To Detroit:
:wings
-2024 1st round pick, 18th overall
-2024 6th round pick, 163rd overall
-Arvid Soderblom

Dead Meat

Apr 27, 2004
I’m surprised you didn’t throw in Reichel.

IMG_9166.jpeg

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
unless we’re talking about silayev, in which case you care enough about similarity to say if he hits he’s chara.

you are a hypocritical opportunist who says basically anything to reconcile your own self-perceived status as some kind of authority on hockey prospects with the fact that everyone is constantly dunking on you for being completely and consistently wrong about almost everything. this is demonstrated by how the sentiments you express contradict one another so frequently, to the point that almost every invective you fling at others applies to some argument you’ve made or will make and probably within the week.
giphy (12).gif

Reactions: Giovi

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
To Chicago:
-Ville Husso
-Justin Holl

To Detroit:
-Arvid Soderblom

That's not terrible.

I'd like a little more if we we to take 2 years of Holl.

Husso has been bad in detroilet but he's still better than soda and with it being a contract year he could be average.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
That's not terrible.

Husso has been bad in detroilet but he's still better than soda and with it being a contract year he could be average.
Yeah I'm with you on the Holl part, but I think the deal needs to favor Detroit a bit to get them on board.

This would probably result in them missing on MBN who they probably like a lot.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Don’t use draft capital to move up in the draft. Spend it to get actual NHL players. Far better bet.

Last edited:

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Don’t use draft capital to move up in the draft. Spend it to get actual NHL players. Far better bet.
Nah.

Moving into the top 10 is the play.

Players that warrant a top 10 selection are not guys you can trade for easily once they're established in the league.

The types of players available to the Blackhawks via trade aren't worth it. Unlikely to fit the timeline too. Probably not on great contracts either.

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
To Chicago:
-Ville Husso
-Justin Holl

To Detroit:
-Arvid Soderblom
Like it but more likely Petry. Richardson had him with the Habs and the Hawks have been adding guys the past two summers the coaching staff was familiar with (Domi with MTL, Foligno and Hall for Boston)

I got this feeling that Dubas is gonna help Yzerman out and take on Holl for 50 percent retention

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
That's not terrible.

To be fair, I can't think of many (in fact, any) goaltenders who are worse than Soderblom.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Hawks traded;

Hawks received;

Marek Vanacker #27
Sacha Boisvert #18 (who would've been there at 20)
You know who Vegas was drafting?

Unless Vegas is out there saying, we had Connolly way high in our board but knew teams would shy from him, so he was gonna fall to us. Without a similar claim, it's not something we can declare for sure.

I didn't like this trade without further moving up, so I'm annoyed at it. But I don't see the point of definitive statements that aren't sure things

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad