Rumor: "Decision has been made" to trade or waive Trouba - Larry Brooks

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
Dude doesn’t know what he’s talking about, he basically said bertuzzi isn’t a needle mover in the playoffs despite him being a PPG on the bruins in the playoffs and solid for the leafs.

Also that trade that is believed to be in “place” is pure speculation and not tied to any insiders.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Dude doesn’t know what he’s talking about, he basically said bertuzzi isn’t a needle mover in the playoffs despite him being a PPG on the bruins in the playoffs and solid for the leafs.

Also that trade that is believed to be in “place” is pure speculation and not tied to any insiders.

Bertuzzi isn’t a needle mover though, he just improves how well your needle movers convert mostly on the PP. Someone needs to actually generate the shots that he tips or cleans up rebounds on, he sure as shit isn’t generating any.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
He clearly won't be. If he doesn't accept a trade, the Rangers are putting him on waivers and the Sharks are going to claim him. Sounds like it's either the Sharks or the Red Wings for Trouba.
i wouldn't be sure somebody claims him at full value. in a trade you can negotiate for retention or send a contract back. a waiver claim means you get his full cap hit on the books.

Reactions: randywoodsghost

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
He's either accepting a trade or getting claimed off waivers with a handshake agreement for a large sum of picks/prospects from the Rangers in exchange for future considerations

Unless that's considered tampering, I have no idea. But it's the only thing I can think of where waivers makes sense because nobody is taking that cap hit for nothing in return unless maybe it's one of the teams that needs to get to the cap floor.

If the Rangers weasel their way out of another horrible contract, I can forgive Drury for not trading the 30OA at the deadline for some help

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
1719817294230.png

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Kind of weird to want to ditch him no matter what (if true) considering he seems to be a decently popular captain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad