Confirmed with Link: Hawks get pick #s 18 & 50 from NYI for pick #s 20, 54, & 61 (all in 2024)

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
If we go Levshunov at 2 and Boisvert at 18, I'm done as a Hawks fan. Even if they go Levshunov at 2 I'm done, but I'm double done if the first thing I said happens

• Haha
Reactions: Malaka

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Not on the Blackhawks board.

He doesn't skate well enough.
Oh Come On , Davidson doesn't want all small and fast . Greentree isn't that bad speed wise and he has incredible hands and 6' 3". Big and fast is tough to find. Probably moving up again .I hope the 50 is used instead of 34.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
View attachment 875375

Absolutley correct good players come from all sorts of places, but I would rather have higher picks as your odds improve dramitically the higher you draft.
Higher pick yes....but to give up a draft pick that early in the draft just to move up a few spots because scouts think they know how every player will mature..... nah. Stan Bowman worthy, IMO.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Higher pick yes....but to give up a draft pick that early in the draft just to move up a few spots because scouts think they know how every player will mature..... nah. Stan Bowman worthy, IMO.

You seem to be defaulting to see it as a human choice element vs a probability numbers factor?

Why is that?

Reactions: Pez68 and Mrfenn92

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Oh Come On , Davidson doesn't want all small and fast . Greentree isn't that bad speed wise and he has incredible hands and 6' 3". Big and fast is tough to find. Probably moving up again .I hope the 50 is used instead of 34.
Greentree would not be able to beat Strome in a foot race

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Kyle won Bedard and got the okay to rebuild. Everything else he’s done has been fine. Nothing bad, nothing really amazing. The Vlasic deal was a great first deal, but the jury is still out on him. Saying he’s bad or good at this point is pretty difficult.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Stupid move again by a Blackhawks GM, these picks are all crap shoots, better have 3 crapshoots than 2 crap shoots, there is no argument to be made here unless he jumped up like 5+ spots, TWO TF?
1 spot would have landed us Q. Hughs instead of Boqvist
I don't get the sentiment that KD botched this deal?
Sure great players are found in the later rounds but the odds are much much slimmer. The odds are greater to land a really good player in round 1 when you are two spots higher than you would have been. Life is good Hawk fans. Relish the spice we were treated with today!

Reactions: x Tame Impala

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Did a computer make the choice to give up a draft pick?

I can vividly recall many folks here endorsing Stan in his early days as well. I consider this strike one against KD and hopefully there won't be any more.

Bobby Bobby Bobby ...Stike one?! Hardly ... at worst it's a ball .. maybe a bunt but could be an in park homer!

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Weird trade and timing.

Wash for me.

Given the extra picks now, makes sense to move up a tiny bit rather than have a bunch of 2nds they're likely keeping to clog toi for 2 contracts before switching careers. Not what I had in mind to shed some picks but whatever.

No problem losing a trade (by the numbers) a little bit since the redundant picks are worth less to Chicago than everyone else.

Makes me scratch my head why he took so many inconsequential picks to begin with.

I agree that this has to be part 1 of something else.

just weird.

Reactions: ClydeLee

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
And know-it-all ChiHawks10 laughing at my skepticism toward our unproven GM is very familiar. I imagine he probably laughed back then when I doubted SB.
You saying this trade is "strike one" against KD is comical. Has nothing to do with being a know-it-all or anything else. It's a f***ing hilarious take that strike one against him is giving up... a late, late 2nd rounder to move up two other individual picks in the draft, including a freebie 1st.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Did a computer make the choice to give up a draft pick?

I can vividly recall many folks here endorsing Stan in his early days as well. I consider this strike one against KD and hopefully there won't be any more.
The question is why do you think he made the trade. You seem to be singling out focus on scouts as if they have someone specific to target... but it's just hard to say that is the case when they did this 1 month out of the draft.

Which is odd.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
The question is why do you think he made the trade. You seem to be singling out focus on scouts as if they have someone specific to target... but it's just hard to say that is the case when they did this 1 month out of the draft.

Which is odd.
Unwritten future considerations?

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
So I did hear that the Blackhawks now put players in tears that are similar rated and maybe the 50th pic compared to 61st pick was a five player compared to a tier 7 player. There seems to be a top 15. Which includes jirek and senecke. Moving up into the top 15 would cost a ton. I’m sure the hawks like 2-3 guys. In the tier right after them. Hoping those 2-3 make it to 20 is tough. Also go out and look at the. Go on 2 round mock drafts either the one on The Athletic or bleacher nation did one a few days ago as well around 50 there’s some guys that look like they could be NHL players at 61 I’ve just never heard any other names. We’re also going to be in a position all year to add assets either by trading veterans or using cap space it’s all about getting higher picks. You only have 50 contracts to work with.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I wanna keep that Toronto pick. They trade Marner, Tavares takes another step back, tough division. Not saying it’ll happen but it’s not out of the realm of possibility that pick could be decent.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
This trade does feel weird, but I love it. Remember Kyle from Chicago made it very clear last year how hard he tried to move up from #19and was rebuffed. When he had a chance this year, he didn't blink. Good for him.

They gave up a pick that's nearly a 3rd rounder. Like others, I'd guess this is a stepping stone to another deal or more. Draft Demidov and move up and take a stud defensemen somewhere in the top 13 maybe?

I also would assume the 30, 54 and Toronto 1st next year are likely on the table to move up further.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad