Confirmed with Link: Hawks get pick #s 18 & 50 from NYI for pick #s 20, 54, & 61 (all in 2024)

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
TERRIBLE???? Come on now. Even if we don't make another trade on draft day we improved our draft position in the 1st and 2nd round by giving up a late 2nd.

I don't care what those draft pick evaluator programs say, give me the highest draft picks possible. Quality over quantity. We've got enough guys like Kansterov, Misiak, and Ludwinski in our system.

This is the Hawks scouting department and FO doing their jobs. They've got their list and what they expect from draft order so they decided to move up. Gotta trust the process. I do hope they package 18 & 34 to move closer to the top 10 but even if this is the only move, so be it.
It's a clear value loss when you don't even know what you're trading up for. It's marginally terrible but still terrible for no real reason.

Some people are just miserable human beings.
This is rich...

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Does 18 plus a second in 2024 plus a second in 2025 or 2026 get you close to the top 10? It’s debatable, but we have so many seconds, I suspect that’s what Davidson has up his sleeve. Maybe he uses Colton Dach as well since that’s not his draft pick.

Edit: I think New Jersey, Buffalo, Philadelphia range is what Davidson is going to target.

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
It's a clear value loss when you don't even know what you're trading up for. It's marginally terrible but still terrible for no real reason.

This is rich...
Pick 61 is the 4th last pick in the 2nd round. They've improved their draft day assets and they still have a ton of picks.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
If we can package up and walk away from this draft with Demidov and Dickinson
the-punisher.gif

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I'm sure the guy that is you know... making the trade, knows what his plan is.
I’m sure there is some idea of a plan in place. But there is a reason you see these deals on draft day. I don’t even see the logic of using it to trade up again. Acquiring more marginal picks to package is what you’d expect to see if the plan is to trade up.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I’m sure there is some idea of a plan in place. But there is a reason you see these deals on draft day. I don’t even see the logic of using it to trade up again. Acquiring more marginal picks to package is what you’d expect to see if the plan is to trade up.
No team is trading you into the top 8-15 without getting back a 1st rounder in the top 20, as well as other "marginal" picks. It's very likely that KD has already had discussions with a team that told him they need to move up into the top 20 in order to acquire their higher first, or he has a pick in mind that he plans on trading for.

You're way off base here on this one.

They lost... essentially nothing of value, to move up into a better pick for a potential second move up.

Reactions: bwana63

Crow

May 19, 2014
I don’t see it either but I think it’s a bit much to call it terrible without knowing more.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
No team is trading you into the top 8-15 without getting back a 1st rounder in the top 20, as well as other "marginal" picks. It's very likely that KD has already had discussions with a team that told him they need to move up into the top 20 in order to acquire their higher first, or he has a pick in mind that he plans on trading for.

You're way off base here on this one.

They lost... essentially nothing of value, to move up into a better pick for a potential second move up.
They were already in the top twenty.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
It doesn’t make sense to give up 61 a month before the draft. Don’t even know who is going to be there. I realize you don’t want to pick three times again in the 2nd, but this is just a weird trade.

Reactions: Bubba88

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
It doesn’t make sense to give up 61 a month before the draft. Don’t even know who is going to be there. I realize you don’t want to pick three times again in the 2nd, but this is just a weird trade.
To me, it's obvious he has something else in the works. That's probably the only reason you'd do this a month before the draft.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I donnotvthink Sennicke will fall as far as 18 ..but OF Hawks include sonethi from the pipeline maybe they can movevup again..Or maybe itbisca movevup to eventually back into top 10?

Or IF it stays as is.
..the Hawks are in a better positional #50 to move up or have still there to get a RD they would take mid 2nd ?

But at #18 a better chance they get a target they think goes 16-20 but they wanted a better chance of landing him?

Or other posdible moves which in combination give them who they really really want?

Maybe in combo with taking a bad contract and giving up #18 to move up?

Lots of posdible moves to ponder.

A team might give a n 11-15 pick for#18 and a bad contract takennoff their books..butvprobBly not for an 8-10 ..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad