Confirmed with Link: Hawks get pick #s 18 & 50 from NYI for pick #s 20, 54, & 61 (all in 2024)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
I think this favors the Islanders. I think something like this makes sense to move up to 14-15, but not only 2 spots in the 1st round.

2 spots is 2 spots.

"Experts" say there is a drop off after picks 15 or 16. All we need is 2 teams to reach on players and we can draft a better quality player.

Watch KD package 18 with 50 to move up a handful of more spots now.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I think it's more to do with the fact that this is so incredibly lopsided in their favour.

They have no idea who's actually going to be at 18, but they'd be foolish not to take this absolute gift.

The Hawks moved up slightly in both rounds, and the Isles get an extra second round pick. I think you could almost argue the Isles win this one, but it seems pretty even, especially given all the Hawks draft capital.

Why are you drawing such a hard line at #50? I highly doubt there is a massive difference between 50 and 54 haha

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
I don't really get this move honestly. It would have made sense on draft day depending on who's available. CHI uses one of their 2nd round picks to move up 2 spots in the first round and 4 spots in the second, without even knowing who'll be available.

I really dont understand the timing of this trade. This feels like a trade you make with someone in mind but we are about a month away from draft. I am wondering if Blackhawks have been told in order to secure another top 10 pick they needed a 1st in side the top 20.

Yeah it's strange. I guess it better positions them to move up on draft day if they can. But like last year, Moore fell into their laps at 19. Seems very premature to make this move today unless it's part of a bigger deal down the line.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
The Hawks moved up slightly in both rounds, and the Isles get an extra second round pick. I think you could almost argue the Isles win this one, but it seems pretty even, especially given all the Hawks draft capital.

Why are you drawing such a hard line at #50? I highly doubt there is a massive difference between 50 and 54 haha
Do you want me to draw the line elsewhere?

The point is it's a weak draft and the Blackhawks have identified that. Islanders obviously haven't.

The Blackhawks are going to run out of names on their board very quickly on day 2 of the draft. They're going to move more picks.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Makes sense for both sides;

Islanders perspective: With a weak prospect pool and not much draft capital they needed more picks within the first 75 picks or so.

Hawks perspective: With already a surplus of prospects in the system, they need to sell a pick here or there so they don't have issues with a surplus of contracts given out.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Tough to make multiple trade ups on draft day, so maybe they are getting ahead of it with this. Also, I'm sure the cost to move up increases on draft day too.
I'm fine with the trade but it just feels weird because we don't know who we're moving up to grab because nobody's been picked yet.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Makes sense for both sides;

Islanders perspective: With a weak prospect pool and not much draft capital they needed more picks within the first 75 picks or so.

Hawks perspective: With already a surplus of prospects in the system, they need to sell a pick here or there so they don't have issues with a surplus of contracts given out.
Good ole fashioned trade in which both teams can claim a "win". I like it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad