GDT: Hawks @ Flames 10/15/24 ChSn 8pm

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024
Small sample size, but I'm starting to get the feeling that Bertuzzi is a terrible hockey player.

All about expectations. If you thought he was going to be a good top 6 player, then yeah, you're going to have a bad time.

So far for me he has been basically exactly as advertised according to Toronto and Detroit fans.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
All about expectations. If you thought he was going to be a good top 6 player, then yeah, you're going to have a bad time.

So far for me he has been basically exactly as advertised according to Toronto and Detroit fans.

yea, I expected top 6 forward. Actually thought he would be on the wing with 98 and 86. Looks like management thought that as well since that is where they started him out, but he quickly got demoted. Now he is on line 2 and still looks terrible.

And why is he on the PP? He has no business being anywhere near skill players.

Seems like neither myself nor management paid attention to those Detroit and Toronto fans.

Reactions: Pez68

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024
It's a rough night for some when the gospel according to fancy line charts (post #279) says that Brodie and Jones had solid games.

Jones probably had the best game out of anyone last night for the Hawks.

Foligno was pretty good too, but Jones was more impactful IMO.

Reactions: Pez68

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
You might be the only person who thinks this lol.
Jones has been under the microscope since he was overpaid by our ex-GM. Some folks see what they want to see. Sure, he's overpaid and the term is too long but that is on Stan. In the difficult times of a rebuild, Seth must often have felt like he was on a deserted island in Hawks back end. With the influx of vets and the surprise that is Vlasic, his game seems to have settled into consistency.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Considering the schedule the team is playing well. They started well last year so take it with a grain of salt, good effort from what was able to watch they just need to put some of those chances in the net. Much more watchable, last year towards the end was difficult…..

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Bertuzzi was brutal for like the first 30 games last year or something so I wouldn’t be surprised if he picks it up

MHO

Sep 27, 2023
Considering the schedule the team is playing well. They started well last year so take it with a grain of salt, good effort from what was able to watch they just need to put some of those chances in the net. Much more watchable, last year towards the end was difficult…..
Also the start last year was before all the injuries happened and Corey Perry got kicked off the team. At one point they were playing with more salary on IR than on the active roster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad