Hawks, Bulls, & Sox new channel is Chicago Sports Network (CHSN)

Crow

May 19, 2014
If you have internet, there's actually a pretty cheap way to watch the majority of Hawks games.

ESPN+, Disney+, Hulu bundle is $15 a month. NordVPN is $3 a month and some change. For $18 a month, you can watch most Blackhawks games.

You just need a device you can install NordVPN on, or use SmartDNS. I have NordVPN on my firesticks, and I manually configured a DNS entry on my LG TV with the NordVPN SmartDNS IP.
That’s probably the best plan for most but I just cannot tolerate commercials at this point, nor am I home on time most of the time.

DIRECTV seems like the only option right now for me. I just wish it wasn’t so expensive.

• Wow
Reactions: ytsejam

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
They didn't speed the rebuild up, or even attempt to, just because they signed actual NHL players to play on the team. There are like 6 or 7 guys they had last year who aren't even in the league this year I believe. They couldn't leave Bedard on an island. That's not speeding the rebuild up, that's ensuring your marquee #1OA pick doesn't wanna bail as soon as he's a UFA because you took 6 years to get him anyone worth a damn to play with.
I didn't say they sped up the rebuild, they said they wanted to speed up the rebuild and almost traded an unprotected 1st in 25 to do it, one they likely have double digit equity at being 1OA...

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I didn't say they sped up the rebuild, they said they wanted to speed up the rebuild and almost traded an unprotected 1st in 25 to do it, one they likely have double digit equity at being 1OA...
Trading a pick for a pick isn't speeding up a rebuild though.. like you may think it would have been foolish but it's still just pick swapping.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Trading a pick for a pick isn't speeding up a rebuild though.. like you may think it would have been foolish but it's still just pick swapping.
its speeding up a rebuild if you get a player to the NHL a year sooner to help Bedard, is Demidov considered better than any of the top 3-5 picks in this class? If that trade went through they potentially would've given up not just a top 3 pick for the 4th pick but there were other picks involved from 24 draft...maybe that was just wanting their cake and eating it too by getting Lev and Demidov but trading the potential 1st overall pick in a class a year later for the 4th pick in this draft seems risky unless there is a big gap class to class

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
its speeding up a rebuild if you get a player to the NHL a year sooner to help Bedard, is Demidov considered better than any of the top 3-5 picks in this class? If that trade went through they potentially would've given up not just a top 3 pick for the 4th pick but there were other picks involved from 24 draft
that's an extremely slim margin there..

again, you can certainly think it would have been a foolish trade to make, but it's not what people clasically mean when they say "speeding up a rebuild"

Reactions: ChiHawks10

emeyezee

Jul 1, 2015
Alright I guess it’s time to figure out how a VPN works. Does it work on devices like Rokus and fire sticks? Is it just an app to download on those devices?

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
that's an extremely slim margin there..

again, you can certainly think it would have been a foolish trade to make, but it's not what people clasically mean when they say "speeding up a rebuild"
kind of think its foolish to give up your own 1st unprotected in a year where you are likely to be bottom 3-5 bad again because if the difference between Demidov and whoever goes 1 in 25 is small then you're taking the ability to move down a pick or two for a haul off the table if some team likes a guy a lot...giving up your own picks in a rebuild should come at a huge huge premium because if say their goalies are injury riddled all year and you're playing whoever that guy in RFD is (forgetting the name) they're just going to finish bottom 5 guaranteed and probably bottom 3, not enough scoring on this team for any other outcome

why are we talking about this in the CHSN thread though :laugh::laugh::laugh:

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Alright I guess it’s time to figure out how a VPN works. Does it work on devices like Rokus and fire sticks? Is it just an app to download on those devices?
Firesticks yes, Rokus no. Firestick has apps for vpns. Vpns help make your ip appear at a different location so you won't be blacked out.

Download an app for a VPN onto a firestick, think nordvpn is what most are saying works for espn+, subscribe for a month. Turn on the VPN using the app and pick a location in the states that is out of the blackout area. Then go to the espn+ app and you should be good to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad