Hawks, Bulls, & Sox new channel is Chicago Sports Network (CHSN)

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
direct tv just bought dish network for one dollar,so i don't know what's going to happen there

You should have seen the other options in the vending machine

1728056259981.jpeg

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
It's literally not watchable. My screen goes to that No Signal screen every 5-20 seconds, and sometimes it's for just a second or two, and other times it's for up to 30 seconds. What a clusterf*** this whole thing is. Guess I'm returning the antenna.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Pez68

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Truly amazing.
I wanna hit up Jimmy and find out what dumb f*** in the Hawks org is responsible for getting in bed with the imbecile that is Reinsdorf. Like who thought "Hey, this seems like a good idea." Whoever it is should immediately be fired, if they haven't been already.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Have you tried repositioned the antenna? Is it in a window?
Well, there's a funny thing about houses. Sometimes TVs aren't near windows. Actually, if you're a videophile, TVs should never be near windows. And antennas have this thing called a length, which means, it only goes so far.

Yeah, I know. I'm being an asshole. ;)

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Have you tried repositioned the antenna? Is it in a window?
It's 6 feet from a window, and I'm not f***ing sticking an antenna to my wall in my livingroom like it's 1960. The Hawks can suck my dick. I'd rather not watch.

We need the Hawks media to f***ing grill the entire organization about this shitshow, btw. Why haven't they yet?

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Also, RIP to all those Hawks' fans with a basement mancave they watch games in. Good luck getting an antenna to work down there.

It's 6 feet from a window, and I'm not f***ing sticking an antenna to my wall in my livingroom like it's 1960. The Hawks can suck my dick. I'd rather not watch.

Drill a hole in the ceiling, run some coax, and mount that antenna on your roof you f***ing pleb. What, are you not a fan?

• Haha
Reactions: ChiHawks10

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I mean, you realize how dumb this entire thing is at this point, right? Like... you had to run an antenna wire across your room and stick an antenna in a f***ing window to pick up signal to watch NHL hockey games in 2024.
I don't have cable. I use my in-laws login for ESPN, FS1, BTN, etc. Even if an Xfinity deal gets done, it probably won't help me if there's no app.

Would I prefer a DTC app? Of course, but that will probably cost $20/mo. For now, I'm getting every game for a 1-time fee of $15.99. The window is in the corner next to the TV, so I'm not running the wire across the room.

I watch football games over antenna when they come through since it's ahead of Peacock, P+, FOX app, etc. I'll watch more that way now that I have a more reliable antenna set up.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I don't have cable. I use my in-laws login for ESPN, FS1, BTN, etc. Even if an Xfinity deal gets done, it probably won't help me if there's no app.

Would I prefer a DTC app? Of course, but that will probably cost $20/mo. For now, I'm getting every game for a 1-time fee of $15.99. The window is in the corner next to the TV, so I'm not running the wire across the room.
Fair enough. Will your signal be ok throughout fall and winter, when it's cloudy as shit, raining, snowing, etc, though? I have my doubts.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

I watch football games over antenna when they come through since it's ahead of Peacock, P+, FOX app, etc. I'll watch more that way now that I have a more reliable antenna set up.
If you have an ESPN logon you can use, just grab a VPN and watch the Hawks that way. It's infinitely better. VPNs are pretty damn cheap. Though, you would need a fire stick (also cheap).

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Haven’t had a chance to watch any preseason games but if it’s anymore difficult than finding the CHSN channel on my Astound service, pressing enter, and watching the game…then forget it.

Not buying an antenna or putzing around with a VPN. Get your business in order man (Hawks/Wirtz/Reinsdorf) this is 2024 WTF is happening?

They’ll be a shit regardless so I’ll stick to watching highlights I suppose

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
with so many fans being unable to watch games, i am concerned that the level of discourse here will decline. after all, how can you have an informed opinion if you can't watch the games? losing out on all that wisdom and insight will be a real tragedy.
I see what you did there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad