Hawks, Bulls, & Sox new channel is Chicago Sports Network (CHSN)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
@Pez68

I have no rebuttal

My radar went off when CHSN announced Standard Media based in Nashville was responsible for setting up the network. Their flagship station is WLNE the ABC station in Providence.

I can not put into words how bad that station is for local news.

I appreciate your insight here. Thanks for your contributions.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Is there any

Mine got audio only. Didn’t realize what a hassle it was to possibly get direct tv streaming. 2 year contract? I thought it was like YouTube tv. f*** that.

Not sure what I’m going to do. Maybe wait for the start of the year and then get direct tv streaming. Hope other options arise in the meantime.

yeah, me too (audio only). I'm not a tv engineer, but I'm far from a noob. when I moved in here, I installed a pretty large Winegard antenna atop my chimney. haven't used OTA for a long time. rescanned for digital broadcasts and got everything, crystal clear (Elmhurst, so pretty close), including 62.2 and 62.3. tried to watch Hawks game, audio only. WTF? re-scanned and same result. every other digital channel (~88 of them), I get. any ideas?

one more thing, eff you, Jerry.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
yeah, me too (audio only). I'm not a tv engineer, but I'm far from a noob. when I moved in here, I installed a pretty large Winegard antenna atop my chimney. haven't used OTA for a long time. rescanned for digital broadcasts and got everything, crystal clear (Elmhurst, so pretty close), including 62.2 and 62.3. tried to watch Hawks game, audio only. WTF? re-scanned and same result. every other digital channel (~88 of them), I get. any ideas?

one more thing, eff you, Jerry.

It's just a matter of signal strength. They are broadcasting from the Sears Tower, so I'm assuming something is in the way or interfering with your signal.

There's a pretty big blip in Elmhurst where the signal sucks.
Screenshot_20241002_073051_Edge.jpg

Reactions: bwana63

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
It's just a matter of signal strength. They are broadcasting from the Sears Tower, so I'm assuming something is in the way or interfering with your signal.

There's a pretty big blip in Elmhurst where the signal sucks.
View attachment 911647

thanks. not in the blip, as shown. maybe the newer residential "towers" in downtown Elmhurst are killing me (am 3 blocks west of downtown). what I don't get is why am I able to get all the other OTA channels? (amazingly clear)

miserable. are all the Hawks games carried by ESPN+?

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
I have DirecTV stream so was able to watch the game on the new channel. I was expecting lot of production issues, but they actually did a good job overall. Picture quality was great. Sound was fair, not terrible but not great.

Was happy there was no obnoxious sports ticker taking up the entire bottom of the screen. Not sure how I feel about the upper left hand corner scoreboard, but I do like the small size of it.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
thanks. not in the blip, as shown. maybe the newer residential "towers" in downtown Elmhurst are killing me (am 3 blocks west of downtown). what I don't get is why am I able to get all the other OTA channels? (amazingly clear)

miserable. are all the Hawks games carried by ESPN+?
Overwhelming majority of the games will be on ESPN+. I have a VPN, so I just added my VPN to my Fire Stick and off I go. I'll likely never watch the Hawks on CHSN.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad