Hawks, Bulls, & Sox new channel is Chicago Sports Network (CHSN)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
@Pez68

I have no rebuttal

My radar went off when CHSN announced Standard Media based in Nashville was responsible for setting up the network. Their flagship station is WLNE the ABC station in Providence.

I can not put into words how bad that station is for local news.

I appreciate your insight here. Thanks for your contributions.

Reactions: Giovi

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Is there any

Mine got audio only. Didn’t realize what a hassle it was to possibly get direct tv streaming. 2 year contract? I thought it was like YouTube tv. f*** that.

Not sure what I’m going to do. Maybe wait for the start of the year and then get direct tv streaming. Hope other options arise in the meantime.

yeah, me too (audio only). I'm not a tv engineer, but I'm far from a noob. when I moved in here, I installed a pretty large Winegard antenna atop my chimney. haven't used OTA for a long time. rescanned for digital broadcasts and got everything, crystal clear (Elmhurst, so pretty close), including 62.2 and 62.3. tried to watch Hawks game, audio only. WTF? re-scanned and same result. every other digital channel (~88 of them), I get. any ideas?

one more thing, eff you, Jerry.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
yeah, me too (audio only). I'm not a tv engineer, but I'm far from a noob. when I moved in here, I installed a pretty large Winegard antenna atop my chimney. haven't used OTA for a long time. rescanned for digital broadcasts and got everything, crystal clear (Elmhurst, so pretty close), including 62.2 and 62.3. tried to watch Hawks game, audio only. WTF? re-scanned and same result. every other digital channel (~88 of them), I get. any ideas?

one more thing, eff you, Jerry.

It's just a matter of signal strength. They are broadcasting from the Sears Tower, so I'm assuming something is in the way or interfering with your signal.

There's a pretty big blip in Elmhurst where the signal sucks.
Screenshot_20241002_073051_Edge.jpg

Reactions: bwana63

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
It's just a matter of signal strength. They are broadcasting from the Sears Tower, so I'm assuming something is in the way or interfering with your signal.

There's a pretty big blip in Elmhurst where the signal sucks.
View attachment 911647

thanks. not in the blip, as shown. maybe the newer residential "towers" in downtown Elmhurst are killing me (am 3 blocks west of downtown). what I don't get is why am I able to get all the other OTA channels? (amazingly clear)

miserable. are all the Hawks games carried by ESPN+?

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
I have DirecTV stream so was able to watch the game on the new channel. I was expecting lot of production issues, but they actually did a good job overall. Picture quality was great. Sound was fair, not terrible but not great.

Was happy there was no obnoxious sports ticker taking up the entire bottom of the screen. Not sure how I feel about the upper left hand corner scoreboard, but I do like the small size of it.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
thanks. not in the blip, as shown. maybe the newer residential "towers" in downtown Elmhurst are killing me (am 3 blocks west of downtown). what I don't get is why am I able to get all the other OTA channels? (amazingly clear)

miserable. are all the Hawks games carried by ESPN+?
Overwhelming majority of the games will be on ESPN+. I have a VPN, so I just added my VPN to my Fire Stick and off I go. I'll likely never watch the Hawks on CHSN.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Overwhelming majority of the games will be on ESPN+. I have a VPN, so I just added my VPN to my Fire Stick and off I go. I'll likely never watch the Hawks on CHSN.
Which VPN do you use? Does it have some app you load on the fire stick?

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
Brother you’re getting 2% of what the rest of the world is getting. The internet is the land of all. f*** an antenna.
98% of the content is garbage anyway. The only TV I consume is sports.

The only surefire way to get what you want to watch is with a quality internet connect and VPN, however, the average consumer isn't up to speed in that regard - yet.

Most consumers "cut the cord" but end up paying the same amount by subscribing to every streaming platform available, lol.

If anyone has issues watching Hawks games or sports in general (including PPV) shoot me a PM and I'll gladly link you to a quality stream.

OTA sports works just fine, unless you're using two beer cans and a wire hanger.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Which VPN do you use? Does it have some app you load on the fire stick?
I use NordVPN. Yeah, it has an app for the Fire Stick. I have been a customer for years. No complaints. I think you can currently get two years and three months for like $80.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
98% of the content is garbage anyway. The only TV I consume is sports.

The only surefire way to get what you want to watch is with a quality internet connect and VPN, however, the average consumer isn't up to speed in that regard - yet.

Most consumers "cut the cord" but end up paying the same amount by subscribing to every streaming platform available, lol.

If anyone has issues watching Hawks games or sports in general (including PPV) shoot me a PM and I'll gladly link you to a quality stream.

OTA sports works just fine, unless you're using two beer cans and a wire hanger.
I watch way more than local stuff. You’re getting like three nfl games a week

Reactions: Pez68

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
You know you f***ed up when your own organization's players are calling you out for this stupid shit. :laugh:

It's too bad I can't like this post more than once. Cause if I could, I would.

What a clown show.

For their next act they are going to release every playoff game from the '10, '13 and '15 series wins on a Betamax box set. Just need to buy a Betamax to watch them.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Look, that's a laughing matter, but it's also serious. That's that type of organizational ineptitude that players talk about among themselves.

Reactions: Pez68

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
You know you f***ed up when your own organization's players are calling you out for this stupid shit. :laugh:
What a joke that Blackhawks fans need to go back to 50+ year-old technology to watch games, and hope for no ghosting (LOL). Old man Wirtz would be smiling but I'm sure the rest of the league is getting a good chuckle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad