Hawks, Bulls, & Sox new channel is Chicago Sports Network (CHSN)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Us Hawks fans are used to it! ;o) Still remember Hawkvision PPV when I was a kid a lifetime ago.
Hawkvision was designed for bars with a satellite dish but most bars quickly discovered they could lock in the visiting team signal from the Stadium that was not scrambled.

• Haha
Reactions: Pez68

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Hawkvision was designed for bars with a satellite dish but most bars quickly discovered they could lock in the visiting team signal from the Stadium that was not scrambled.
Sportsvision had the same issue in 1983 - Here is the uplink for WSBK-TV in Boston on Bobby Hull Night. The Boston announcers didn't go live until Part 2

Then there was the night Wayne Messmer decided to sing O Canada in French and English with lyrics that nobody had ever heard before.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
So they haven't even finished their website yet. I guess all the college interns that Reinsdorf gave jobs to as a favor to his friends and family need more time.

The website was supposed to launch October 1st and now it's just "soon". You can't make this shit up.

• Haha
Reactions: ChiHawks10

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Yeah, they’ve absolutely f***ed this one.
I guarantee they still blackout the games on ESPN+, even though most of their customers can't watch games without buying and hooking up a damn antenna.

By the way, if you're watching the game tonight on CHSN, we better get feedback.

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
As Uverse user flipped it on to see if seamless transition and noticed something

I assume the fact they are playing an intro over and over of CHSN coming soon on channels #1741 and 1742 (741/742 for non-HD) means that infact CHSN will have a secondary channel available like Comcast/NBC Sports Chicago did

I do wonder something. Does CHSN own rights to Hawks/Bulls/Sox legacy stuff such as old games, etc that appeared on NBC Sports Chicago? If not they are going to struggle for programming to fill in channel content

Advertisers aren't going to spend $ to air adds if there is no programming all day on channel

We shall see I guess on these things

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I guarantee they still blackout the games on ESPN+, even though most of their customers can't watch games without buying and hooking up a damn antenna.

By the way, if you're watching the game tonight on CHSN, we better get feedback.
I’ll be watching it on ESPN+ so I can tell you what it’s like.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
My attitude is that if I miss so much as a period of the regular season because they couldn’t get their gears in shape with the area’s largest cable provider, that’s the Blackhawks telling me that they’re fine not getting money from me this season. In which case sure, guess I won’t be buying any Hawks merch this Christmas and birthday.

ECHL Bison’s gain, I suppose.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Their "website" is actually hilarious. It launched. Chock full of errors and missing updates that were made two weeks ago. Holy shit. They seriously have somebody's high school kid working on this, don't they?

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I have youtube TV so it wont work correct? im not even sure how to hook up a antenna on a TV
It won't. Which is why I just cancelled my YT TV. I only used it for sports. Now they no longer have regional sports, so it's no longer a necessary expense. As far as the antenna goes, I bought this one on Amazon. When I bought it, it had 800 reviews with a 4.8 average. Not sure why it's showing 0 reviews now all the sudden. I'll test it tonight and find out if it works for me. It's easy to hook up. Most TVs now have a digital tuner built in. Just plug in the antenna you order to the coaxial connection on the back of the TV and set your input on the TV to local or antenna or whatever, then hunt down the channels. The coax connection is the little threaded metal piece sticking out like the one for cable/internet.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
If I was local, I'm definitely picking 720p60. 30hz hockey would be unwatchable.
30hz sports is actually nausea inducing for me, personally.

The 720p 60hz is fine, as I believe most of the content you're getting through Xfinity, DirecTV, or UVerse is that format.

If the Hawks end up on 62.2 most of the time? Oh boy....

Reactions: ChiHawks10

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024
I don't know what any of that nerd talk means, but you guys just need to get a VPN and ESPN+ to watch the away feeds and cast it to your TV.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I don't know what any of that nerd talk means, but you guys just need to get a VPN and ESPN+ to watch the away feeds and cast it to your TV.

30hz and 60hz is the rate at which frames are refreshed on your screen. 30hz will appear juddery in most sports. The motion on screen will not be smooth. I have extremely high motion sensitivity. I can actually tell the difference between 30hz, 60hz, and 120hz. As a result, 30hz viewing actually makes me sick to my stomach. I see motion blurring and trailing behind the picture almost the entire time. It's a miserable experience.

If I have the desire to watch the Hawks live, that's what I'll be doing. Just connect my router to VPN, and watch ESPN+ on whatever TV I want.

The single biggest kick in the nuts for me is....I can't record games anymore. That was probably around 60-70% of my Blackhawks viewing, as I'm not home for most games.

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024
The single biggest kick in the nuts for me is....I can't record games anymore. That was probably around 60-70% of my Blackhawks viewing, as I'm not home for most games.

Yeah, that's the one thing I wish ESPN+ had.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
If I was local, I'm definitely picking 720p60. 30hz hockey would be unwatchable.
What were games broadcasted in when the Hawks were playing playoff games on Versus Network back in 2010? I wonder.

Pre-HD hockey is rough

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad