GDT: Have to say, I heard there's a pool party in Pittsburgh tonight at 7

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
The main board is talking about Calgary wanting to trade for a young center. I'm sure that a more impatient front office like, say, Boston or Vegas, would've traded Kotkaniemi to Calgary or Vancouver in a heartbeat this past offseason and used the space to potentially pay past the Tampa offer for Guentzel. I really do think the Canes do believe, however, that they have the potential for a real analytical gem in him. Being that he only turned 24 a few months ago, there is still a real possibility there. You just don't know with big, young centers, and they sometimes have a tendency to break out late.

htdoc

Oct 30, 2018
So many positives tonight. Fun game to watch as a fan with so many positives and things to make a Canes fan happy seeing up and down the lineup. Nice win for sure.

The KK/Necas/Roslo line still has some chemistry things to figure out. But there were some real moments tonight.

Biggest thing with KK was he was definitely physically involved and for the whole game not just a few minutes and then disappeared…. He went after it with a level of effort the whole game like we rarely saw in previous years. It was more similar to how the kick in the pants way he started to play in the playoffs last season especially in the isles series. If we get maximum effort, hard forechecking KK who mixes in a couple smart passes, the net result of that will be good news for this Canes team and we can overlook some of the clunky play, lack of elite finish and slowness getting off his own shot.. just have him feed Necas and Roslo for nasty writers bar down and he can stay on pace for 82pt season of assists..

For Blake……going into this season as he made the opening night roster, I’ve been worried about a lot of the other stuff like defense and physical battles.. he has taken more penalties than I would like. But the kid can finish there is absolutely no doubt about that and has some mitts and moves that you just can’t teach.. for a roster full of straight line, no nonsense simple regimented forecheckers, you need a sprinkle of elite skill if the rest of that players game won’t hurt you. So far so good…. Happy to keep being proven wrong about Blake being able to stick with the big club this year. He has done some things that for other players in the past would have had Brindy stapling them to the bench and scratching them for other players. But Brindy is giving Blake some leash and it is working out so far. Robinson has been sneaky effective so far on that line as well.. it’s not just Robinson speedy skating….

Another good night for the staal line….

Special teams came through for us, it was a really good, complete effort from the whole team.

The top line had a few moments even if they weren’t as many noticeable highlights as the other lines. Can’t all be perfect every night.

If we keep playing games like this against everyone the standings will take care of themselves…. Man that was fun to watch…. More games like that please, especially at home when I have tickets that night :)

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I really do think the Canes do believe, however, that they have the potential for a real analytical gem in him. Being that he only turned 24 a few months ago, there is still a real possibility there. You just don't know with big, young centers, and they sometimes have a tendency to break out late.
Let’s be honest, after the season he had last year and his contract, the Canes didn’t have many options. Teams weren’t going to take him on without an incentive, and that’s not something Dundon wants to do. IMO, them not moving him had more to do with that.

From what I can tell, he’s looked good so far. He also looked good at the start of last season. Consistency is what’s going to be key for him and if he develops that consistency, he could be a valuable player for Carolina.

Canes can certainly use that so I hope his good play continues.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Our 3rd and 4th lines carrying th water so far this year. I Like Robinson and Carrier’s play a lot and Blake is quite a surprise. His goal last night was superb, stepping back into space and with a very quick release.

Top two lines are still working through issues.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Carrier and Robinson was great adds this offseason, Walker Ghost has been excellent adds too.

Roslovic getting chemistry with Necas will be incredible as long as KK just keeps a simple physical game, I think that is his calling card to be successful.

Blake adds a threat on the 4th line every time he's on the ice it seems

Carrier with Jordan and Marty with a super add there. That line is just crazy.

Reactions: Lucky Lindy

whiskers

Aug 2, 2018
Let’s be honest, after the season he had last year and his contract, the Canes didn’t have many options. Teams weren’t going to take him on without an incentive, and that’s not something Dundon wants to do. IMO, them not moving him had more to do with that.

From what I can tell, he’s looked good so far. He also looked good at the start of last season. Consistency is what’s going to be key for him and if he develops that consistency, he could be a valuable player for Carolina.

Canes can certainly use that so I hope his good play continues.
Like i said last year , he was good , think at one point he was our leading scorer then Brindy down played him and put him with lesser players , he need more confidence and shoot and never mind passing when he has a better chance in front of the net , i believe he can be a 50-60 points center ... if Brindy after 20 games makes him play with Robinson and Jost or Suzuki then i believe its a Briny/KK problem , i think Rod doesnt like him , thats my take . first post of the season ;) , hope you guys are all safe after the hurricanes (the real ones :oops:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad