GDT: Have to say, I heard there's a pool party in Pittsburgh tonight at 7

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
The most offended group for everyone else!

Honestly I think it was more the logo that garnered offense, not necessarily the name, but the pressure became to just entirely rebrand.

There's been similar pushes for Chicago Blackhawks, but generally the native population seems to support, there's just a vocal minority who want their 15 min of fame for being saviours!
I’d say Blackhawks logo is the one thing I can say I wouldn’t change about that accursed franchise.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I get the logo, I really do. I still like the Chief Wahoo image and I personally do not believe it was meant to offensive but I get it. However they removed the logo 5 years before they changed the name. Of course fans kept the Chief alive and kicking and they still do despite the name change.
It doesn't help at all that these teams picked some absolutely god awful names/brands. Guardians and Commanders are like the shittiest of the shitty generic team names in 3rd tier video game franchises made by some programmer friends in one of their basements. Just awful.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
It doesn't help at all that these teams picked some absolutely god awful names/brands. Guardians and Commanders are like the shittiest of the shitty generic team names in 3rd tier video game franchises made by some programmer friends in one of their basements. Just awful.
Again, the Guardians have a long-standing tie to the city, so it really isn't generic at all. It makes a lot of sense.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014

Sorry, but I can't be expected to survive Fondue Sports Network.

1729273849938.png

• Haha
Reactions: geehaad

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Leave Guardians alone.

You want to know what’s a shit name?

CSKA.

Should have named Washington “Sentinels”. Just saying.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Sorry but ties or not I find it to be really stupid. To each their own
You are allowed to think its a stupid name, its just not some generic thing pulled from a hat. Kinda like if the Raleigh area does in fact get a baseball team and they are called the Oakes. We can think its a dumb name but considering the area its not a generic one.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
You are allowed to think it’s a stupid name, it’s just not some generic thing pulled from a hat. Kinda like if the Raleigh area does in fact get a baseball team and they are called the Oakes. We can think its a dumb name but considering the area it’s not a generic one.
Well it sounds generic even if it’s not generic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad