Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
It’s hard to tell what is going on with him but he’s definitely not in the right place a lot of the time - I can’t remember seeing a guy look so befuddled. Doesn’t help that he’s been with Makar who thinks and acts with super human quickness. He also has some baby giraffe in his balance, weird for a guy who’s not tall. I can’t believe this is what this guy really is but we can’t afford stuff like that right now

He’s definitely off to a tough start, but he can skate like the wind, makes good offensive reads and if he can figure things out should play passable defensively.

To start he definitely looks lost in his own zone, but he’s also missed almost two full years of hockey. I think he has some recalibrating to do, but I still think he can level out. Time will tell

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Oh I wouldn't say I hated the guy per se, I just didn't understand why NJ took so f***ing long to move on from him. He's just not that good, and insanely injury-prone on top of that.

That's where he is from, definitely recognized the name, but I couldn't figure out why I even knew it lol.

Sounds like the promising prospect goalie that never was.

Maybe it's just me wanting to see Gibson rejuvenate his career and become a monster for us at like 3M/yr cost, but I'd rather Gibson. The upside is just amazing if that works.

I think at worst hes a split time sort, and a good vet mentor playing on a team that *expects to make the playoffs, at best hes the fkn man.

Even if it's Annunen by some miracle still next year.

Reactions: Pokecheque

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Blackwood is the obvious choice. We might be a month away from a Blackwood - Kahkonen tandem.

Blackwood has been pretty good the last year +. but thing is just if he can stay healthy
Stealing a lotteries team tandem from last year is a great strategy to winning the cup :sarcasm:

It's an improvement, but not one I have any confidence in.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Stealing a lotteries team tandem from last year is a great strategy to winning the cup :sarcasm:

It's an improvement, but not one I have any confidence in
Honestly I have faith in Blackwood outside of his health concerns. I've caught at least handful of viewings of him in the past 2 seasons and IMO his play is trending in the opposite direction to Georgiev, and actually accomplishes what the front office want in a cheap, reliable goaltender.

Plus you know he faced a ton of high danger chances in SJ like the Avs have been giving up. Gibson is a lot more of a risk and also a lot larger cap hit (even though it would be 50% retained). He's also signed for 2 more seasons after this vs. Blackwood being a UFA. Who knows though, maybe the front office views that as a positive. Just might be hard to convince the Ducks to retain for 3 seasons

AvalancheSpeedsters

Aug 2, 2005
Kamloops, BC
I know it was in the pre cap era so it’s pointless now , but seeing Sorokin of the isles play so well for a team that can’t score just makes me wish we had a Pierre Lacroix bold trade moment ..sigh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad