Has Florida got good return on that Bobrovsky investment or it's still not enough?

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
I think early returns were bad but he turned it around. When Bobrovsky is on his game, he is a Hall of Fame level goaltender

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Bob struggled when the Panthers were running and gunning and often leaving him hung out to dry. His “turnaround” greatly coincides with the Panthers renewed focus on defensive play. Bob, and I imagine every goalie, is much better when he doesn’t have to try to be Superman every single game. He’s always been a great goalie.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I mean as far as I remember it was considered a pretty risky investment.
Man the dude won the cup and went to the finals the year before, not sure what your expectations are?? Thats like asking is Gretzky good? after he wins multiple stanley cups with the Oilers.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Yes they did
1 cup final and 1 cup.
They are still looking good to compete this year.
Bob was a big part of their success so far.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
They won a f***ing Stanley Cup, what do you think?

If they could go back in time, Florida re-do that deal 10 times on 10

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Sixth in Regular Season Starts, Fourth in Regular Season Wins, 16/31 in SV% amongst goalies with at least 150 GP in that time, 34 Playoff Wins (2nd in that timeframe) including a SCF loss and SCF win.

While a bit rocky, I think Florida having mostly stable goaltending when their Defense has been pretty shaky is a lot more valuable than something like raw SV% can capture. They really aren't a Vegas the year they won the Cup where their defense was so good at limiting chances that they could probably get away with any guy back there.

It's not a "great" contract, but it's not a bad one and it's very uncertain if they get a Cup with a few more cap dollars and trying to find someone else. In the modern NHL, goaltending is harder to find than it was a decade ago. Teams like Toronto have gone their whole "window" so to speak hoping and praying for someone to emerge and it hasn't happened.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad