Has Connor Bedard quietly became underrated ?

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Over - Rated

4% Shooting .... is this a joke?

If i was a director in NHL 25 i would put his potential to Top 6 Medium and his Ovr grade would be no more than 84

2 goals in 21 last games is definitely a cause for a concern when we talk about an elite sniper

As elite as David Desharnais

Reactions: the valiant effort

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
It's almost like Lindros had some other traits relative to Bedard that can't quite be captured in looking at raw statistics.
I mean Lindros has a lot on pretty much any player in the history of the game except guys like Jagr and Mario....Gretzky was 6'0 and 185 lbs not exactly a giant. Just saying there is more to hockey than simply having insane physical tools.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
If you haven’t broken out and won the Hart, Lindsay, Art Ross, Selke, Calder, Vezina, Adams, and Conn Smythe by the time you’re eight games into your second year the organisation that drafted you is probably rife with firings and suicidal ideation.
Why is this Bedard kid not trade bait for a solid 35 year old third liner?
Cut your losses.
Classic sunk cost fallacy, Chicago just needs to down tools and tank for Hagens already.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
He's definitely not generational, just like Bedard.

Yes I'm not sure that will last.
You’re one making claims after 7 games played like it means a deal thing, not me.

Comparing someone to McDavid and Crosby before their rookie season is not very realistic.
McDavid was compared to Crosby before their rookie season and that ended up just fine for him?

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
You’re one making claims after 7 games played like it means a deal thing, not me.

The claim was that he's generational. I didn't make the claim, I merely poked hole in the claim. The burden of proof is not on me.

You were one of those foolish posters making generational claimed before he stepped foot in the NHL because of junior stats. And now you refuse to address the fact that he's played ~70 NHL games without looking generational.

He's an excellent talent, but maybe you can finally admit that he's not a McDavid or Crosby.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I love the HFB scouts who are so good at evaluating talent that they're posting on here and uh, not working for a professional or even junior hockey team :help:

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I love the HFB scouts who are so good at evaluating talent that they're posting on here and uh, not working for a professional or even junior hockey team :help:
Do you think scouting for a junior hockey team is some glorious high paying job with good work/life balance? It's not a realistic option for most people. I'd much rather keep my WFH career vs constantly being on the road for a fraction of the pay.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
The claim was that he's generational. I didn't make the claim, I merely poked hole in the claim. The burden of proof is not on me.

You were one of those foolish posters making generational claimed before he stepped foot in the NHL because of junior stats. And now you refuse to address the fact that he's played ~70 NHL games without looking generational.

He's an excellent talent, but maybe you can finally admit that he's not a McDavid or Crosby.
Oh no! 70 games!?

What an over the hill bum.

McDavid only had 14pts in his first 13 games of his second season… look how that turned out for him.

You’re using the first 7 games of the season to try and shit on him by comparing him to other players so far is as ridiculous as saying Nosen > Hughes/McDavid

Then again you think Hughes is a shoe in 130+pt player sooo… maybe you don’t know that much.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
McDavid only had 14pts in his first 13 games of his second season… look how that turned out for him.
He was 4th in scoring at that point, and had 5 more points than the next highest Oiler.
You’re using the first 7 games of the season to try and shit on him by comparing him to other players so far is as ridiculous as saying Nosen > Hughes/McDavid
The claim was that he's generational. Nothing about his first 2 seasons to date support that claim.

Reactions: authentic

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Matthews isn't a generational player.

Generational goal scorer, and no previous top 10 all-time caliber goal scorer had anywhere close to the two-way game he has. Really in a way he's a very unique player that hasn't come along before, a two-way center who can score 60-70 goals?

I'm starting to feel like Bedard isn't a generational player. He seems more like John Tavares on steroids to me...

Lol, Might even be the other way around. But no in all seriousness I fully expect him to become a better player than Tavares.

RooBicks

Oct 12, 2020
He was 4th in scoring at that point, and had 5 more points than the next highest Oiler.

The claim was that he's generational. Nothing about his first 2 seasons to date support that claim.
Who gives a shit about your labels? He consistently drove play and won the Calder on what was one of the worst constructed rosters I've seen in the last 5 or so years, despite having his season significantly interrupted by an injury. His poise and the clear connection between his presence on the ice and Chicago actually being able to compete were obvious for anyone with eyes to see. Barring injury, he will evolve into a 100+ player for a decade or more to come. He doesn't rely on speed the same way McDavid does and he doesn't have Crosby's fully adult build coming into the league, but his quickness, intuition, and shot are special. Very special.

"But are they generational"? To repeat:

Who. Gives. A. Shit.

Let the dude cook and enjoy the show.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Who gives a shit about your labels? He consistently drove play and won the Calder on what was one of the worst constructed rosters I've seen in the last 5 or so years, despite having his season significantly interrupted by an injury. His poise and the clear connection between his presence on the ice and Chicago actually being able to compete were obvious for anyone with eyes to see. Barring injury, he will evolve into a 100+ player for a decade or more to come. He doesn't rely on speed the same way McDavid does and he doesn't have Crosby's fully adult build coming into the league, but his quickness, intuition, and shot are special. Very special.

"But are they generational"? To repeat:

Who. Gives. A. Shit.

Let the dude cook and enjoy the show.
He's going to be a fantastic and entertaining player to watch for a long, long time.

Agree on the label piece. My broader point is that he doesn't need to become McDavid or Crosby to be an awesome player, and that's a very unreasonable expectation to have of him at this point. Call that sort of player whatever you want.

Reactions: MuckOG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad