Has Connor Bedard quietly became underrated ?

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
He was 100% compared to those guys and was being called generational. People here have short memories.

As to whether he’s now underrated, idk but the hype definitely fell off dramatically. I think that’s in part due to how inept that Chicago team was last year, in combination with the supernova seasons last year from some of the league’s already established stars.
Thank you. So i wasn't the only one who noticed.

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
I don't understand how he's underrated. He seems to be considered a very talented young player with a lot of untapped potential. It's not like people are calling him the new Daigle. If he follows in the footsteps of Crosby and McDavid by winning the Ross and Hart this season, he'll definitely get the kind of hype they did after vaulting themselves to that highest echelon.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I figured around 60 points in rookie season (figured an injury somewhere) and then 100 in year 2.

Only concern is the World Championships for Canada where he was benched/reduced minutes for what appeared to be a 'pissy' attitude.

However, I say he gets 100 points this year if he can stay healthy.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Im still waiting for my search results :sarcasm:

Bedard_McDavid.jpg

Copy+of+EPISODE+122.png

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
He was 100% compared to those guys and was being called generational. People here have short memories.

As to whether he’s now underrated, idk but the hype definitely fell off dramatically. I think that’s in part due to how inept that Chicago team was last year, in combination with the supernova seasons last year from some of the league’s already established stars.

The fact that he had the season he did despite missing time with an injury and being on a a God awful team (people forget Hall basically missed the entire year) is something people take for granted.

He was not considered to be anywhere near Crosby or McDavid.. but he was the clear first overall pick

Beddard is not underrated--he is still predicted to be one of the best players in the league--just not Generational

This is some Grade A revisionist history.

Reactions: authentic

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
I do agree that a lot of fans have this sort of ambivalence towards him based on his fame/media attention.

But I sincerely hope nobody is underestimating Connor Bedard. He is still that guy.

I’m calling 46 goals, roughly 95 points this year, but he’s only getting started.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
The fact that he had the season he did despite missing time with an injury and being on a a God awful team (people forget Hall basically missed the entire year) is something people take for granted.

This is some Grade A revisionist history.

I remember whiskeyyurthedevil taking a lot of crap for saying he was a level below Crosby and McDavid and wouldn’t achieve their level of dominance in the NHL. It may be too early to say he was right but I have a strong feeling he is. Doesn’t mean he won’t still be a great franchise player and even potentially an all-time great in his own right.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I remember whiskeyyurthedevil taking a lot of crap for saying he was a level below Crosby and McDavid and wouldn’t achieve their level of dominance in the NHL. It may be too early to say he was right but I have a strong feeling he is. Doesn’t mean he won’t still be a great franchise player and even potentially an all-time great in his own right.

I think he can definitely reach that level, but the Hawks were literally him and nobody else last year. Nobody is calling the 06 Pens or 16 Oilers juggernauts but Crosby had six teammate score at least 40 points, McDavid had three Bedard had one

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
You are proving the point that Bedards stock has fallen.

But what are you basing this nonsense on ? He was the 3rd youngest player to record a 5 point game last year, with a jaw brace on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad