Value of: Hartnell to Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I believe it was after the announcement but seriously why does it matter? Each team will lose exactly one player in the draft. As you point out, Hartnell is still valuable. Trading him away doesn't mean Columbus saves a player. Worst case is Columbus loses a goalie like Korpisalo or a forward like Atkinson. If they lose Atkinson, Bjorkstrand is ready to take his slot. What's the difference between Atkinson and Bjorkstrand? If Hartnell is traded who replaces his production this year? Who replaces his leadership?

It's silly to believe GMs are going to dump good assets because they will lose one player in the draft.
The only way they will lose Atkinson is if Clarkson decides to screw over the team for no reason.

Otherwise Columbus can protect:
Hartnell (NMC)
Foligno (NMC)
Dubinsky (NMC)
Saad
Jenner
Wennberg
Atkinson

Bjorkstrand is exempt. That's essentially 8 of our top-9. That leaves who? William Karlsson? Sam Gagner? Matt Calvert?

Nah, I think LV will take a defenseman from us. We're going to probably expose Jack Johnson (protecting Murray, Jones, and Savard).

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
The only way they will lose Atkinson is if Clarkson decides to screw over the team for no reason.

Otherwise Columbus can protect:
Hartnell (NMC)
Foligno (NMC)
Dubinsky (NMC)
Saad
Jenner
Wennberg
Atkinson

Bjorkstrand is exempt. That's essentially 8 of our top-9. That leaves who? William Karlsson? Sam Gagner? Matt Calvert?

Nah, I think LV will take a defenseman from us. We're going to probably expose Jack Johnson (protecting Murray, Jones, and Savard).

Don't worry he will because there is no reason for him to waive his NMC. Why would a 30 something player want to go to an expansion team?

Second other than trying to get to the cap floor why would Vegas take on a tire fire like Clarkson anyway? I'm sure there are far better players available then Clarkson.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Don't worry he will because there is no reason for him to waive his NMC. Why would a 30 something player want to go to an expansion team?

Second other than trying to get to the cap floor why would Vegas take on a tire fire like Clarkson anyway? I'm sure there are far better players available then Clarkson.

The theory is he will waive to save his team the spot because he knows he won't be claimed.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009

You answered your question in your second paragraph.

Also, I'm pretty sure Clarkson will go anywhere where he can play. That's his main concern. Besides, that would require Las Vegas claiming him and everybody (including Clarkson) knows they won't.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012

Another reason to waive is for ice time. Clarkson, even healthy, likely isn't a full time player in Columbus ever again.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
I don't think the Jackets would really be interested in adding Kadri or Bozak, it's really just more of the same for us. I also don't think the Leafs would be interested in moving Nylander, but if they were, I'd be more than interested in adding to Hartnell.

The Leafs are short on high end defensive prospects, right? I'm not suggesting Werenski here, because he's obviously way too important to the structure of Columbus' blue line going forward, but would there be any interest in Gabriel Carlsson? He is projected to make a push for an NHL spot next season. Big, stay at home LHD.

Just gauging value, would Hartnell + Carlsson and a pick (2nd?) be enough to land Nylander? We can take back a short term cap dump in return, like Greening or Michalek.

No Nylander is worth a lot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad