Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack/Bloomington Bison Thread: Part XV

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalderCup
Apr 26, 2016
Hartford, CT
Nice game & usage for Rempe. Was on PP2 & PK1(?) I think he wasn't the first PK'er out earlier in the game but the last two PK's he was. Also looked like he was double shifted toward the end of the game.

Berard also looked amazing and has to be the best skater of any player in the entire Rangers system by a mile. Almost think he was banged up in the preseason because the difference is night and day, he looks like that same player I was blown away by in his first U20 WJC. He was very feisty too, whereas he looked physically overwhelmed in the preseason

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
8 points in 5 games is legit. kids what 21?

pretty sure he was the same year as laf so 22-23 but definitely impressive production. haven't watched any games, but by all accounts, he's also passing the eye test. the forward group is so deep this year it'll be tough to get a callup unless the team gets hammered with injuries...and as much as i think his skillset fills a need on the nhl roster - exactly the type i've wanted them to add to the bottom 6 for years...it would almost definitely mean bad things are happening for him to get a look this season.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
8 points in 5 games is legit. kids what 21?

He's 22. Same age as Rempe and Mancini.

Personally I'd have him ahead of Othmann at this point....though Brennan does have some advantages....a more lethal shot from distance and more size and strength. Berard is more of a buzzsaw type.....he looks up to Marchand and I think there's a similar game but we should always caveat comparing a young developing player to an established star player who potentially could be a HOF'er one day. My guess is Berard is going to break in as a bottom liner with a ceiling right now as a 3rd line NHL player. Could he break through that ceiling and go higher? He might but that might be 3/4/5 years off.

I'd note that in the second rookie game against the Flyers he was tossed for spearing Ryder Boulton--5 for that and another 10 for the game misconduct. Normally I would look at something like that as bad. That said he does that to the Flyers toughest player (though if I remember Berard was wearing a full bubble so there wasn't really a question whether they were going to fight) and it's something pretty much from the playbook of the aforesaid Mr. Marchand or at least throughout his 20's. Basically Berard showing very much a willingness to be an asshole to play against. Something like that will make you a target at times though so it does also call for some survivor skills. So for him to get to where Marchand is now will also be a test of time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad