Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack/Bloomington Bison Thread: Part XV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
Question for our Wolfpack gurus.....I see that most think that Berard or Othmann are probably the next forwards to hopefully make the jump. How does Sykora look, and what are his chances/timeframe to be ready?

If he isnt close, what do you think he needs to work on? Is he in the Avery-type pest mode (or Dorsett/Carcillo, but without the fisticuffs)?

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
Question for our Wolfpack gurus.....I see that most think that Berard or Othmann are probably the next forwards to hopefully make the jump. How does Sykora look, and what are his chances/timeframe to be ready?

If he isnt close, what do you think he needs to work on? Is he in the Avery-type pest mode (or Dorsett/Carcillo, but without the fisticuffs)?
Needs another 10 lb of muscle but the motor is golden. He also gets involved on offense and the forecheck with regularity. he feels like a lite carl hagelin. say he's probably here next next season, if all goes well.

Reactions: egelband and Mandar

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Needs another 10 lb of muscle but the motor is golden. He also gets involved on offense and the forecheck with regularity. he feels like a lite carl hagelin. say he's probably here next next season, if all goes well.
Who are you talking about here?

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010

Who are you talking about here?
read the 2 posts just before yours ...

Last edited:

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I'd be surprised if Sykora made the team out of training camp next year. If and when he does make it it probably won't be for his offense but more for an all around game. He still hasn't hit 20 years old and is kind of light. Things to like about him is he's a great skater, a kind of energy bunny. He's got a motor and he's a very good forechecker....a guy who is good at pressuring the puck. In those respects he reminds of Hagelin. Because of his not being a great producer he's not someone I think we would want on our top two lines and that's probably even years down the road. Last year he had 23 points in 66 games in Hartford.

I expect Rempe to make the team and Edstrom is the next most likely. After that probably Othmann and Berard would have the best chances but the Rangers aren't going to break training with 4 rookie forwards on the team unless there's a lot of injuries. I think the Rangers are going to try to find a better top 6 forward option on the UFA market (Kane, Marchessault, Guentzel, Toffoli, Debrusk as possibles) to play with Chris and Mika and after that they have Chytil, Kakko, Cuylle, Vesey, Rempe and possibly Brodzinski so there won't be many openings. And if they sign another UFA forward or two (as often happens) that will clog the situation even more.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Nothing in announcement about assistants.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Potulny is a good coach who should do well with the younger guys there. He knows the AHL as a player, too, which should help with the vets. Also another USHL/NCAA/USA Hockey guy which we know Drury likes.

On one of the WJC teams, he was an assistant and Trouba, Trocheck, and Vesey were players. That year Housley was the HC and Dan Muse was the video guy. He also coached on the team with Fox and Lindgren, when Greg Brown was an AC. He comes from outside the organization but he's very much a known quantity. I speculated this was the type of guy they'd hire. He fits Drury's mold pretty well.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Potulny is a good coach who should do well with the younger guys there. He knows the AHL as a player, too, which should help with the vets. Also another USHL/NCAA/USA Hockey guy which we know Drury likes.

On one of the WJC teams, he was an assistant and Trouba, Trocheck, and Vesey were players. That year Housley was the HC and Dan Muse was the video guy. He also coached on the team with Fox and Lindgren, when Greg Brown was an AC. He comes from outside the organization but he's very much a known quantity. I speculated this was the type of guy they'd hire. He fits Drury's mold pretty well.
Thanks. I was wondering about the connection and you nailed it.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Rangers need to sign some AHL vets. I expect by tomorrow at least 3-4 names.
maybe another vet D along side Mackey, Harpur
up front, they still have Brodz, Belzile, Lesch, Nash, Blidh and now maybe Carrick,
maybe add offensive vet F to complement those
but got be sensitive to the AHL veteran maximum # of vets in game roster rule

Reactions: egelband

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad