Rumor: Hampus Lindholm to test free agency

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Ducks are a really interesting team to watch the year IMO.

They're playing well above expectations and are firmly in the playoff picture in a pretty much wide open Pacific division at this point. But I can't imagine they have serious aspirations of winning a cup either.

And they have a number of potential major rentals that could completely shake up the market at the deadline. And they could get a really fantastic haul of futures that would help them a lot as well.

Between Lindholm, Rakell, and Manson they could easily add ~4 more picks in the first 2 rounds of the upcoming drafts. Which could be a really nice currency on draft day to add players that help the young core sooner.

On top of all that they have a new GM who will no doubt want to make his mark on the team sooner then later.

I think they might be the most interesting team to watch.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Ducks are a really interesting team to watch the year IMO.

They're playing well above expectations and are firmly in the playoff picture in a pretty much wide open Pacific division at this point. But I can't imagine they have serious aspirations of winning a cup either.

And they have a number of potential major rentals that could completely shake up the market at the deadline. And they could get a really fantastic haul of futures that would help them a lot as well.

Between Lindholm, Rakell, and Manson they could easily add ~4 more picks in the first 2 rounds of the upcoming drafts. Which could be a really nice currency on draft day to add players that help the young core sooner.

On top of all that they have a new GM who will no doubt want to make his mark on the team sooner then later.

I think they might be the most interesting team to watch.

How gangster would it be to trade Hampus for a boatload, then re-sign him this summer? Feel like it's been awhile since we've seen one of those. I remember when Tkachuk and the Blues did it way back when, but not sure how many times it's happened since.

The future sure does seem bright for the Quackers, that's for sure.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
If true, I hope there's a massive bidding war. Losing Lindholm pretty much kills the blue line, but Ducks aren't in a position to lose him for nothing. A healthy Lindholm is a guy that can change a playoff series for a contender. This trade deadline is going to be extremely important for Verbeek and the future of the Ducks.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
If he is a strict rental, and if he won't discuss extensions with teams, then he'd seem to have similar value to the Shattenkirk to Washington deal which was a 1st + Zach Sanford + conditional 2d if the Caps re-signed him. Sanford had only played a handful of Caps games at that point and had been a second round pick.

1st + Kostin + conditional 2d in 2023 if Blues re-sign Lindholm would seem to be most like that template from the Blues.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
If he is a strict rental, and if he won't discuss extensions with teams, then he'd seem to have similar value to the Shattenkirk to Washington deal which was a 1st + Zach Sanford + conditional 2d if the Caps re-signed him. Sanford had only played a handful of Caps games at that point and had been a second round pick.

1st + Kostin + conditional 2d in 2023 if Blues re-sign Lindholm would seem to be most like that template.
Can't do conditional picks on someone resigning anymore iirc

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad