Value of: Hampus Lindholm to Florida

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Its going to have to be a 2022 first. If Anaheim drafts Owen Power? We have to protect Lindholm from Seattle. I don’t know the exact data. But we lost Theodore to Vegas in this same predicament. If I’m Murray I’m calling folks if Anaheim gets number 1 overall.

There is no Shea Theodore for the Ducks to lose this time around and they certainly can and will comfortably protect their 27 year-old #1 defenseman. At worst you deal Manson for a pick or two and protect Lindholm, Fowler and Fleury. Or you can go 4/4 and protect all 4 defenders or still deal Manson and add Mahura to the protection list. Who are you so afraid of losing from the blueline? I hate to break it to you but Jacob Larsson and Josh Mahura aren't even remotely in the same stratosphere as Theodore. It's not worth losing sleep over.

Again what is the logic happening here?

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
Power probably shouldn't even be in the NHL next year, let alone in a top 4 role. It would be at minimum several years before you can even remotely begin to consider him or another defender from this draft making Lindholm expendable.

Completely absurd.

Power by Mackenzie is quoted saying he can play now.

“He’s not Hedman, not really, because Victor, at the same age, was elite in every category,” one NHL scout said. “Power is very good in every category, not elite. Could he use his size more effectively to be more physical? Sure. Could he produce more offensively? Sure. But when you look at the collection of tools he has, when you look at his offensive game, defensive game, the mobility, reading the play and how his overall game is tracking, you’re looking at a top-pairing, if not No. 1, NHL defenceman who can play now”

Please explain how this kid isn’t starting on a horrible Ducks team. And while all of you arguing with me? You never once posted line combinations

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Power by Mackenzie is quoted saying he can play now.

“He’s not Hedman, not really, because Victor, at the same age, was elite in every category,” one NHL scout said. “Power is very good in every category, not elite. Could he use his size more effectively to be more physical? Sure. Could he produce more offensively? Sure. But when you look at the collection of tools he has, when you look at his offensive game, defensive game, the mobility, reading the play and how his overall game is tracking, you’re looking at a top-pairing, if not No. 1, NHL defenceman who can play now”

Sure, he's got the size and enough skill to get reps at the NHL level and has impressed for Team Canada but you are putting far too many eggs in this basket if you think he's going to step into a top 4 role and excel from day one. I get that Drysdale has made some fans bullish on young defenders but loading your top 4 with teenagers is a terrible idea.

Regardless - even if he meets your wildest expectations (and you even get the chance to draft him) - his selection doesn't make Lindholm expendable in any way and doesn't change a thing about the expansion draft. If anything Lindholm becomes the absolute surefire guy you need to keep as his big minute, all-weather versatility and experience is exactly what you need to buttress a blueline full of kids and he's the perfect guy with his size and mobility to be a mentor for Power.

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
Sure, he's got the size and enough skill to get reps at the NHL level and has impressed for Team Canada but you are putting far too many eggs in this basket if you think he's going to step into a top 4 role and excel from day one. I get that Drysdale has made some fans bullish on young defenders but loading your top 4 with teenagers is a terrible idea.

Regardless - even if he meets your wildest expectations (and you even get the chance to draft him) - his selection doesn't make Lindholm expendable in any way and doesn't change a thing about the expansion draft. If anything Lindholm becomes the absolute surefire guy you need to keep but his big minute, all-weather versatility and experience is exactly what you need to buttress a blueline full of kids and he's the perfect guy with his size and mobility to be a mentor for Power.

Completely disagree. Anaheim is in full rebuild mode. We aren’t stunting Drysdale growth and Power if we get him. And to “hope” Lindholm is healthy enough to keep a top roster spot. We got players in the wings who deserve it to play on a significant role. I’ve moved on to rebuild this franchise from him. And starting first is getting assets if you want him, there’s a saying you don’t ever throw good money for bad money. And right now I’m not putting stock into Lindholm.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Completely disagree. Anaheim is in full rebuild mode. We aren’t stunting Drysdale growth and Power if we get him. And to “hope” Lindholm is healthy enough to keep a top roster spot. We got players in the wings who deserve it to play on a significant role. I’ve moved on to rebuild this franchise from him. And starting first is getting assets if you want him, there’s a saying you don’t ever throw good money for bad money. And right now I’m not putting stock into Lindholm.

Ok man - good luck with two teenagers in your NHL top four while also dealing Lindholm to "make room" for them. A pretty awful development strategy. It's one thing to say you'd considering moving Lindholm if the price were right because this is a full teardown to the studs...nobody is saying he should be untouchable - it's quite another to say you have to move on from him to protect yourself in the expansion draft and to "not block/stunt" Drysdale and potentially (but definitely not assuredly) Power.

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
Ok man - good luck with two teenagers in your NHL top four while also dealing Lindholm to "make room" for them. A pretty awful development strategy. It's one thing to say you'd considering moving Lindholm if the price were right because this is a full teardown to the studs...nobody is saying he should be untouchable - it's quite another to say you have to move on from him to protect yourself in the expansion draft and to "not block/stunt" Drysdale and potentially (but definitely not assuredly) Power.

Oilers started with an entire teenager squad. And now they are in the playoffs. Why can’t the Ducks do the same? There’s two sides of every story my friend.

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
An entire teenage squad? Huh? Explain?

Also - you aspire for the Ducks to be the Oilers (minus McDavid)? Lol ok mate. Have fun with that.

The entire roster was under 26. You had Hall before traded, McDavid, Drai, RNH. All teens before they bloomed. Their entire roster was growing. Now they are proudly sporting Edmonton in the playoffs. Anaheim can do the same. Age doesn’t matter in sports. You’re going to get cut if you can’t bring the flame. Lindholm has no priority on a rebuilding Ducks team

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
:laugh:
Lol. Ok. I get it now, this is a Ducks sock account. Egg on my face. The Oilers satire is a little much though.

When someone disagrees with you. You won’t post the response. I get it now. I’m still waiting for line combinations by the way with power drafted.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Says the person who doesn’t even answer the question. Please explain your lines if Owen Power is drafted. The kid can play now. And someone is out the door during the expansion draft. This a Theodore experience again?
Lindholm drysdale
Power Manson
Fluery shatt

fowler moved for forward help, easy... assuming lindholm is extended

Feb 5, 2016
Lindholm drysdale
Power Manson
Fluery shatt

I was going more along the lines of.

1st Pair LD Fowler RD Drysdale
2nd Pair LD Fleury RD Manson
3rd Pair LD Power RD Shattenkirk
Extras:
LD Mahura
LD Larsson

Lindholm traded for forward and high draft pick.

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
Lindholm drysdale
Power Manson
Fluery shatt

Fowler is our best defenseman. Anaheim would be silly to trade him. Have you seen his stats? He is the most productive one on the ice, and he’s reliable healthy

5651823-4
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
I was going more along the lines of.

1st Pair LD Fowler RD Drysdale
2nd Pair LD Fleury RD Manson
3rd Pair LD Power RD Shattenkirk
Extras:
LD Mahura
LD Larsson

Lindholm traded for forward and high draft pick.

Thank you!!! I finally have one person on my side for once. But power is going to make the team. There’s no question about it. Whether duck fans wants to see practice cuts that’s fine. But Owen definitely first overall isn’t going to be in the minors

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Fowler is our best defenseman. Anaheim would be silly to trade him. Have you seen his stats? He is the most productive one on the ice, and he’s reliable healthy

5651823-4
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
He really isn’t the best dmen, that’s crazy talk

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
Thank you!!! I finally have one person on my side for once. But power is going to make the team. There’s no question about it. Whether duck fans wants to see practice cuts that’s fine. But Owen definitely first overall isn’t going to be in the minors
“Let them alone: they are blind guides. And if the blind guide the blind, both shall fall into a pit.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭15:14‬ ‭

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
His stats speak otherwise. He is the most productive one. You can hate me as much as you want. But he’s YOUR current defenseman producer. And reliable
His stats don’t speak anything.... lindholm is the better player.

and all of this depends on us getting power, which we won’t

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
“Let them alone: they are blind guides. And if the blind guide the blind, both shall fall into a pit.”

Romans 15:1-22
“You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink.”

Don’t undermine me. You aren’t awaken of what really is happening here. And bringing religion into conversation is ridiculous

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Can power can next season? Yes. But should he?

Been awhile since Anaheim developed a Dman. Guhle, Larsson, Mahura still 3rd pairing guys. Not developing them like they did with Lindholm, Manson, Vatanen, etc.

probably better off either sending him to the A if he’s ready to go pro. 2 rookie Dmen means a lot of pressure if one of the vets get injured for multiple weeks.

Feb 5, 2016

Don’t undermine me. You aren’t awaken of what really is happening here. And bringing religion into conversation is ridiculous
Woe to you, O Widgit Ribbit & D2Z4evr
While you were not destroyed;
And he who is treacherous, while others did not deal treacherously with him.
As soon as you finish destroying, you will be destroyed;
As soon as you cease to deal treacherously, others will deal treacherously with both of you. :lightningbolt
Isaiah 33:1

Last edited:

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014

Didn’t bring religion into anything there’s nothing religious about it. I will quote wisdom wherever it comes from whether it be from an space alien living in New Brunswick or a championship winning bbq master. Wisdom is wisdom but your temper about it shows your unwise

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad