Value of: Hampus Lindholm next contract

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
My guess is $7.25 x 5 years with the Ducks.

His injury issues are...interesting. Lindholm hasn't suffered repeat injuries to the same spot, but seems unlucky enough to be injured for a lengthy period of time every 1.5 - 2 years.

When he is on, he is our best defensive D. Even when healthy though, he hasn't been a strong offense driver...just generally a good 2-way player. That would lean me towards a little bit higher on an AAV basis if you were take some recent comparables, but not for anything longer than 5 years.

Reactions: Paul4587

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Hampus probably asks for 7 years @ 7.5 to 8 million per and uses Trouba and Reilly as the comp. I hope the Ducks don't bite at that price and would prefer that he takes a discount to stay or just pursue a bigger market and payday elsewhere. 7 million + would have him as a top 20 paid dman and I don't think that is justified.

I would compare his contract with recent extensions like Parayko and Ekholm @ 6.5 million. Although they both play in a market where they have big tax savings, I feel that both have a bigger physical presence and might actually be better skaters. Plus I think they both have shown to play up in the playoffs when it can get rougher.

Last edited:

wraparound

May 17, 2014
I’d love for the Kraken to take a swing at signing him if he makes it to free agency & brings Rakell with him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad