Value of: Hampus Lindholm next contract

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
How good is he offensively and defensively? What is his value on the FA market?
From what ducks fans have said, he was hurt the past couple of seasons, so they have concerns about his health, though I don't recall it being super serious like an ACL or something like that where he was out 2 months. But, nagging issues can be even worse.

It's a big decision for the Ducks with Lindholm, Manson, and Rackell all UFA and they have an Interim GM, though he is in house so has worked with the owners.

What is the priority for the Duck's owners? They currently hold a playoff spot, but have played the most games and teams like Colorado, Vegas, Dallas have played like 4-5 games fewer, so could pass them in the standings dropping them to a WC spot instead.

Does ownership prioritize playoffs since they get lost in the sports shuffle in SoCal?
Dodgers, Angels, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, Chargers, USC Trojans football with the hiring of Lincoln Riley as HC to turn that storied program around, plus the Kings.
Or do they prioritize building with Zegras, Drysdale, MacTavish moving forward?

I would imagine all 3 want to sign in Anaheim given that they show signs of returning to the playoff mix. It's a matter of whether it makes sense for both sides to get a deal done.

Manson, I think it's best to move him. Never fast, but at his age, I'd be wary of him losing a half step.

Rackell, he's always been a secondary winger. Not sure you need to pay a premium for that. At 29, wouldn't go excessively long term, past 5 years.

Lindholm, he's the big one. Top pairing Dman, assuming he's going to be in good health moving forward. They do have Fowler signed for another 5 years I believe, with just a 4 team list that he can be traded to. Do they have a young LHD that is coming up in the system that they can afford to move off one of their top 2 LHD?

If we are looking at price, he would want max term of 8 years from Anaheim.

Best comp for him would probably be Morgan Riley, same draft class who got $7.5 million for the max 8 years. And that seemed like a bit of a discount for the home team.

Reactions: Alex K

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Please come to FLORIDA.

I think ANA will pay him handsomely to stay and lock up Drysdale eventually and have a pretty legit trio on the backend.

Gonna say $6.75 to 7.25 mil x 8 years in ANA, his offense isn't high enough to command $7.5 mil or above.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
These last 2 posts of the numbers seem low.

who would you being putting as comps with those numbers that were ufa when they signed. I mentioned Reilly as my comp above.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017

He's elite.

You guys are all underrating him but I don't blame you since his offensive numbers aren't the best. He is an elite defensemen.

Reactions: DITB and go4hockey

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
His salary in this final year of his contract is 6.75M (vs 5.205M cap hit). I think he'll be on slightly higher salary next season, something starting with a seven.

He should be quite content to stay in Anaheim, has brought extended family over to live with him and seems to love the lifestyle. The team is heading in the right direction and has as much cap room as anyone to not only make him a fair market offer, but also to add around what they have.

Expecting something in the neighborhood of 7×7 to play out his prime in Anaheim and very possibly assume the captaincy when Getzlaf retires.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

who would you being putting as comps with those numbers that were ufa when they signed. I mentioned Reilly as my comp above.

Parayko and McDonagh for me.
Those 3 all around 22-23 mins of TOI, 8 goals and 30ish pts over a 82 game career average.

All around 28-30 years old when signing in around 7 mil per long term.

Now if ANA or any other team pay him $7.5 to 8 mil, I'm not gonna say it's a huge overpayment, the guy is clearly a #1D but the elite offense just isn't there.

Reactions: bsu

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006

because traditionally points get players paid.

rielly has averaged about 8 goals and 55-60 pts a season

They can pay for no points if they want. But Brodin parayko Pelech etc put you at 6-6.5 ish

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
8 year 56 mil prob in the ball park, maybe hit more money for less years.

Either way ducks should extend him for 6-8 years

Reactions: Benstheman

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis

He's elite.

You guys are all underrating him but I don't blame you since his offensive numbers aren't the best. He is an elite defensemen.

He absolutely is but the sad fact is that UFA dollars chase gaudy numbers which he has never really had. I still think if he hits the open market some desperate team will offer 8+ for his services. If he does in fact hit UFA he will have 3 choices, stay in Anaheim where he is comfortable, chase the money or chase the championships. As a Blues fan I selfishly want the Blues to trade for him and pair him with Parayko to make another deep playoff run.

Reactions: bsu

roman star

ready to march
Feb 17, 2019
if he hits market i predict yzerman makes a big offer for him to come in and play an important top 4 veteran leadership role , fits right in with red wings swedish system

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
The Ducks need to resign him. He is too important to the f***s success. Every time he misses significant time the Ducks team defense takes a shit.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
I believe he's worth 6.5 to 7 mill on a 7 to 8 year deal. I'd trade any d man on the leafs besides Reilly and brodie to make room to sign him on the leafs.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
It's a big decision for the Ducks with Lindholm, Manson, and Rackell all UFA and they have an Interim GM, though he is in house so has worked with the owners.

On top of that they have RFA Sonny Milano. How much do they offer a guy who wasn’t claimed when put on waivers in October?

The following year they have RFA Troy Terry. How much should he get? (Plus RFAs Zegras and Drysdale who are going to get paid.)

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
On top of that they have RFA Sonny Milano. How much do they offer a guy who wasn’t claimed when put on waivers in October?

The following year they have RFA Troy Terry. How much should he get? (Plus RFAs Zegras and Drysdale who are going to get paid.)
Rackell and Manson I would not re-sign.

so it’s just Lindholm. Again, Fowler has a mntc of 4 teams he could get moved to if the Ducks absolutely needed to do it.

How soon are the ducks other prospect Dmen expected to make it and contribute? Cause the 24-25 year olds of Guhle, Larsson, Mahura have not developed the way they hoped.

Last edited:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
He’s a better player than Nurse and Jones but fortunately won’t get nearly as much because he doesn’t have the raw counting stats. 5-6 years would be ideal at around $7M, maybe a touch higher.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He’s a better player than Nurse and Jones but fortunately won’t get nearly as much because he doesn’t have the raw counting stats. 5-6 years would be ideal at around $7M, maybe a touch higher.
He’s 28. He will push for max term. Similar to Hamilton this off season. If he leaves it will be for the max 7 from another team. 8 if he remains in Anaheim. Figure it will be for 8 years at a $7 mill AAV.

$7.5 AAV for 7 years if he leaves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad