Proposal: Hamonic Replacement for Vancouver

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Vancouver should sit on their hands and see who comes available on waivers. There's a good chance that someone younger but as good as or better than schenn comes available.

Reactions: Tritsche and BCNate

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
Can he opt out & stay w/ family for the foreseeable future, and if things improve, sign again w/ the Canucks using most of Micheal Ferland's LTIR money?

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
For the record I didn’t say anything about anti vaccine I mentioned unvaccinated…. And I also said it was pure speculation….

there are several reports from local media eluding to it…

Fair enough, the whole situation seems so strange to be honest. I just cant fathom how it would go from Hamonic opting out of the bubble, to being angry with the careless treatment of covid by the Nucks last year, to signing, to demanding a trade and refusing vaccinations. Something is missing to the whole story so I'm interested if it will come to light soon.

Reactions: Nucker42

SI

Feb 16, 2013
All eyes should be on Seattle - If Borgen ends up on waivers - Canucks should swoop in unless Buffalo grabs him first.

Not sure where the Canucks are on the waiver claim.

Right now - Hunt as 7th D and Schenn skating with Rathbone on the bottom pair.

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
Yikes… ya’ll can just Google these things if you’re not caught up with current events.

it’s not hidden Hamonic doesn’t want to play in Vancouver and it’s vaccination and/or vaccine policy related.

but derailing threads is fun too

What are you talking about? There is nothing but rumor and speculation regarding Hamonic and media members saying they don’t actually know exactly what is going on with him.

If you want to run with a bunch of rumors, go right ahead. I’ll wait until there’s actual confirmation of any of the “maybes” you’re presenting as fact.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
All eyes should be on Seattle - If Borgen ends up on waivers - Canucks should swoop in unless Buffalo grabs him first.

I agree, Canucks really need another top 5 d man do push everyone down. You can’t have Schenn or Hunt in your top 4…. These are 7-8 guys at best

Reactions: 48MPHSlapShot

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I agree, Canucks really need another top 5 d man do push everyone down. You can’t have Schenn or Hunt in your top 4…. These are 7-8 guys at best

Cale Fleury waived. Do Nucks jump on it with 12 days left in camp? Or hope Borgen gets waived soon?

Reactions: Nucker42

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011

Cale Fleury waived. Do Nucks jump on it with 12 days left in camp? Or hope Borgen gets waived soon?

Never seen Borgan play? Scouting report? Assume you think he’s an nhl ready player?

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021

Yep I definitely take Borgen. Schenn and Hunt are terrible lol

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Maybe Gudbranson 50% retained and a 3rd for a 7th. And even then i may say no...
Baddbranson is worse than schenn, Hunt ans other minor league D that we have, that also make less lol. Woyldnt take Badbranson unless they attach Andersson to the deal

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

If a club makes a claim (and are successful) do they then go to the bottom of the waiver claim list? So if the Canucks claim Fleury, do they go to the bottom of the list for future claims? Or can they claim Fleury, and still keep their spot (10?) for future claims?

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
Just posting because I wasn't aware anyone knew who Clifton was outside of Boston.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015

I think Borgen gets traded before he gets waived. Still dont understand what Seattle was trying to accomplish with there expansion draft

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Just out of curiosity... is Clague able to play both side?

I think he was slotted in on the right side last season for a few games when our defense was absolutely gutted, but I have to warn you, he's one of the worst defenders I've seen. He has mid- to bottom-pairing offensive skills and AHL-caliber defensive skills. He leaks two-on-ones and loses his man in the defensive zone frequently. It pains me to say it because he was our best prospect for a while but I think the kid's a bust. There are probably four or five guys in LA's system that I'd take over him on the big club this year: Strand, Moverare, Spence, Durzi, and Wolanin at least.

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
I think he was slotted in on the right side last season for a few games when our defense was absolutely gutted, but I have to warn you, he's one of the worst defenders I've seen. He has mid- to bottom-pairing offensive skills and AHL-caliber defensive skills. He leaks two-on-ones and loses his man in the defensive zone frequently. It pains me to say it because he was our best prospect for a while but I think the kid's a bust. There are probably four or five guys in LA's system that I'd take over him on the big club this year: Strand, Moverare, Spence, Durzi, and Wolanin at least.
So Clague is basically a reclamation project at this point? Claim him and see what you get but do not have high expectations.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
I would take a shot at Fluery. But like others have said im sure we see at least a couple very servicable RHD on waivers closer to the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad